Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;
I was wondering if you could help me. We just got ourselves a 6 month old black male chihuahua. I did not know if this question would be answered on the forum so I thought I would ask.
Almost everytime Vinny sits down his penis comes out. Now I have had male dogs before and this problem came out only once in a blue moon. Now with Vinny, it is always a blue moon.
Is this something we need to get used to, or is it because he has not been neutered? We were just curious if this is what we are to expect as the norm for Vinny.

Any answer or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
hmmm that is odd, How about running that by your vet. Maybe his sheath is too short? Sometimes they get infections if they aren't keeping it clean, other times it just gets stuck but if it happens EVERY time then maybe something else is going on......

Keep us posted, hope Vinny is ok :)

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
I have 2 males and their 'things' :lol: have been visible before but hardly ever. I too would ask the vet about that. :wink:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
i just went through this with chico and it really freaked me out. the vet told me that sometimes if they sense a female in heat they will do that. dogs can sense females in heat from up to a mile away :shock: but i'm not sure about your chi because you said he's only 6 months old...i don't know if they're mature enough at 6 months old to sense it...you should probably ask the vet and see what they say.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Jamoka said:
when moka poops his thang thang comes out it's nasty :?
I can't stop laughing. :lol:

Vinny sounds like he might have an infection or his anal glands might need to be expressed. Cooper did that, not as often, but after expressing his glands, it stopped. I would give the vet a call though; it's odd that his hoo-ha is out more than it is in.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
thang thang and hoo-ha :lol: .........we had a whole thread on what we call it but you ladies have come up with some new ones!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Is it the hole "lipstick" or just the tip?
haha, this reminds me of that thread we had going a few months ago. I can't stop laughing now. Anyone else remember it?

This reminds of what happened here 2 days ago (sorry to go off on a tangent), but Zeus was playing with his "hump dog" (a black stuffed dog). He was really going to town and as my daughter knows, that when Zeus is doing that, he's "dancing". Next thing I notice, he's done, my daughter is down on all fours looking at his "thing" which was 100% sticking out. My daughter is just staring at it and says in a freaked out voice "Mommy! What is that???". She's 3 and I had no idea what to say, so I just said that Zeus danced too much, but it will go away. She was content with that answer. What else could I say to a 3 year old???

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
NoahFL said:
This reminds of what happened here 2 days ago (sorry to go off on a tangent), but Zeus was playing with his "hump dog" (a black stuffed dog). He was really going to town and as my daughter knows, that when Zeus is doing that, he's "dancing". Next thing I notice, he's done, my daughter is down on all fours looking at his "thing" which was 100% sticking out.
And little Zeus looks so sweet & innocent in his photos lol :lol:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
NoahFL said:
haha, this reminds me of that thread we had going a few months ago. I can't stop laughing now. Anyone else remember it?

This reminds of what happened here 2 days ago (sorry to go off on a tangent), but Zeus was playing with his "hump dog" (a black stuffed dog). He was really going to town and as my daughter knows, that when Zeus is doing that, he's "dancing". Next thing I notice, he's done, my daughter is down on all fours looking at his "thing" which was 100% sticking out. My daughter is just staring at it and says in a freaked out voice "Mommy! What is that???". She's 3 and I had no idea what to say, so I just said that Zeus danced too much, but it will go away. She was content with that answer. What else could I say to a 3 year old???
Report back to us in 10 or 12 years when she comes home from her first boy/girl dance. :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Fizzys mum said:
NoahFL said:
This reminds of what happened here 2 days ago (sorry to go off on a tangent), but Zeus was playing with his "hump dog" (a black stuffed dog). He was really going to town and as my daughter knows, that when Zeus is doing that, he's "dancing". Next thing I notice, he's done, my daughter is down on all fours looking at his "thing" which was 100% sticking out.
Yeah, you'd never know he was a sexual predator. But, then again, it's always the ones you don't expect. :D

And by the way, Cooper's thingy is called a "penis". We use the correct terminology when dealing with our private parts. :) If you ask him where his penis is, he'll sit down, hold a leg up and look at it then look at you like "here it is."

·
Registered
510 Posts
Cooper said:
Fizzys mum said:
NoahFL said:
Yeah, you'd never know he was a sexual predator. But, then again, it's always the ones you don't expect. :D

And by the way, Cooper's thingy is called a "penis". We use the correct terminology when dealing with our private parts. :) If you ask him where his penis is, he'll sit down, hold a leg up and look at it then look at you like "here it is."

Your dog knows where it's penis is and can point it out... LOL I can't stop laughing that is too funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
NoahFL said:
And little Zeus looks so sweet & innocent in his photos lol :lol:[/quote]

And by the way, Cooper's thingy is called a "penis". We use the correct terminology when dealing with our private parts. :) If you ask him where his penis is, he'll sit down, hold a leg up and look at it then look at you like "here it is."[/quote]

:lol: :D :lol: :D OMG - you folks are off your rockers.....I'm rolling on the floor here, and Jasmine is looking at me like "mom's really gone round the bend this time...<<sigh>>"

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
NoahFL said:

OMG poor Alex, that is sooo funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Vanessa said:
Your dog knows where it's penis is and can point it out... LOL I can't stop laughing that is too funny :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's nothing wrong with little boys knowing where their penis is. :)

Cooper will also start to sniff a cat's butt (which, in cat language is off-limits) and all I have to say is "cat" and he will stop and go around to the front to properly greet the cat by sniffing noses.

Oh, and he also knows all his commands in English, sign language and French.

I need one of those bumper stickers - "My chihuahua is an honor student."

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
WE call Gadget's his pinky is sticking out of his winky....

He will look at it when you say that and then look at you.... His sometimes comes out when he is sitting in a weird position or when he is rolled in a ball... yep he sits and rolls himself into a ball while sitting...

I have no idea how he does this...

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
WE call Gadget's his pinky is sticking out of his winky....

He will look at it when you say that and then look at you.... His sometimes comes out when he is sitting in a weird position or when he is rolled in a ball... yep he sits and rolls himself into a ball while sitting...

I have no idea how he does this...
I don't know how he does that either but I would LOVE to see a picture of it!!! :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Ok Kari the next time he wrolls him self into abal while sitting I will try and take a picture.. I know I will take the camera to bed with me.. because he usually does it at least once while in ther watching tv at night..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts