Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was hoping someone can help me

I have a 3 year old female chihuahua, and for the last 3 years she has rung rings around me! Gets away with everything, I'm too soft and now beginning to think I'm a bad owner!
She barks at everything, and everyone! Especially when she's in the car, at home. I just don't know how to control it, I tell her to susssh and be quiet and she ignores me!
When she goes for a pee she will use her pee mat however when she does poo she just blantely goes anywhere she feels like!
And more recently now which is causing rows with my partner and myself is she goes on the bed in my partners room
And just pee's on the bed! But she does this when she seems to want to prove a point like tonight I took my boyfriends dog for a walk and I wouldn't let her come with me I come back and she has pee'd on the duvet!
And she always wants to sleep under the duvet, which gets between me and my bf. But every time I put her back in her bed during the night she will creep back under the duvet!
Please please can someone give me any advice on what I can do to make her learn all the above is wrong!
My bf's dog is so well behaved which makes it all look worse! I feel like a terrible owner, she has got away with so much and now it's time to change. Any tips on teaching a dog good behaviour? What to do when they have done wrong?
I know all this may sound like common sense and after 3 Years I should know all this!
Any advice would be great

Sarah

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Hi Sarah - great name btw hahaha

Sounds like your dog is the leader in your house. I would google NILIF and start implementing it immediately.

With potty training I'd go back to basics I hate pad training think it defeats the object as you're not teaching them it's wrong to go in the house, but I would keep her co fine to one room at a time look for her signs she is needing a poo pacing back and forth sniffing and as gross as it sounds their anus goes really red before they go!!

Get a crate and crate her at night shes not allowed in your bed until she earns the right. If she keeps getting back in she needs to be confined I assume you've never grated her before so expect a racket but ignore her shell get the picture

With the barking it becomes habit, I have a yapper but she's a puppy and knows what shut up means ! It's no good just telling her to shhh she doesn't know what shh means you need o teach her some people shake a can of pennies which startles them to shut up or squirt them in the face with water.

Honestly you have a lot of work to do as there's a lot if bad habits to break!! I'd seriously start acting like you have a puppy again shell soon get the picture

Speaking of pictures.....

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
My female prada is very submissive and well behaved but every single time she goes outside she barks the most ear piercing howls I got her a vibration collar it uses a remote and vibrates like s cell phone would not shock just vibrate any time shes on a leash outside now or with a collar on she dies not bark!!!

If yours is being aggressive then that would be another story but z vibration collar still may work! I got it off eBay for $17 then they sent me one with no off button do they refunded the $ so it was free lol score I just have to take the batteries out when not in use since it doesnt turn off but it worked wonders!

I agree with the crating her at night sibde you don't want her in Ur bed! We had problems with prada peeing on my bfs bed and noe he just rolls up the blankets and Pillows when he foes to work and no more peeing he will not crate her so this is what he's done and worked.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts