Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a gift for the hubby for his birthday I got Kerri and Copley photographed by a professional photographer! We had been admiring their work for a long time and I finally took the plunge and got them done. I am BEYOND happy with the pictures. She was incredible with the dogs and they had a great time there too- I think it shows. The first one I gave as a surprise gift for his birthday. He was very sad about having to retire his 11 year old hiking boots. They had so many memories in them and had taken him through probably 20 states, hundreds of miles and at least 10 national parks.

I actually got a little teary eyed when I got the first picture. We ordered the boot picture as a desktop portrait printed on aluminum and the other group shot as a large wall portrait. It occured to me that while I was trying to highlight some boots that meant a lot (and that smelled and I wanted to throw away- figured if they were on the wall hubbie would let go of them- haha) I actually immortalized the dogs on our wall. That picture will probably be hanging in my house long after Kerri and Copley are gone. Maybe it is crazy to think that with two young-ish dogs, but it made me happy and sad at the same time. Actually I am glad I spent the money now- while they are in their prime- so we can remember them that way. I don't know- maybe that is a little crazy!

I also loved this photographer because any prints you ordered they gave you free lo-resolution images to share in the web! I mean, for what I paid I don't know if I would call it "free" but either way I am happy that I get to share them with all of you- and facebook and my blog! It was a pleasant surprise since a lot of high end photographers like this don't give the images out, but she sees it as free advertising I think! We got the groups as big portraits as I said and the head shots as 8x8 for the dog award wall and the others as gifts. Here they are!

ALSO I HAVE EXCITING NEWS!! But I can't share it with you guys until at least tomorrow. This being the public internet and all some things must wait for official announcements... But I AM SO EXCITED! Here is a little hint- I already work for myself but I have taken some steps towards at least a part time career change into the dog world. :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,089 Posts
OH I CANT WAIT for the news!!!! Those pictures are fabulous. The photographer captured such great expression from both the dogs. I bet your husband will be thrilled with his gift! Please update on the "news"!

·
Registered
439 Posts
The pictures show the love you have for your husband and your dogs! They are beautiful! Can't wait for your big announcement....

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
I am amazed at those photos, Annie!! The expressiveness in their faces that the photographer caught is just mind-blowing to me. I'm sure hubby will be thrilled, I can't think of a better gift. Can't wait for your news!!

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everybody! I am just beyond happy with these pictures. Pet'ographique is just amazing. The owner/photographer is one of those people that just has a way with animals, I have admired her work for a while and am just blown away by the pictures. She really got their expressions so perfectly. I love how happy Copley looks in the pictures too- he is a pretty serious dog a lot of the time but does get happy and goofy at home. She hung out with him and played a little until he was happy and excited then would snap a few pictures. It was all about the dogs having a good time and getting them photographed at the instant they were in the right place with less like sit and stay and ordering them around. I think her method totally shows in their faces.

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
These pictures are so amazing, she did a great job capturing their expressions. What a great idea for a gift, you will have these memories for a lifetime! Taking pics of dogs is so hard especially when they have to pose for strangers, I'm so impressed!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts