Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of surface is good to place your scale on? I have tile in the bathroom & hardwood flooring in the hallway and when I weighed myself on both surfaces, I got different numbers.

When is the best time to weigh yourself?
How often do you weigh yourself?

·
Registered
354 Posts
In the morning is the best time to weigh yourself, 'cause that is you "natural" weight.

I used to weigh myself 6 times a day, but I suffered really bad from bulimia at the time. Now I only weigh myself once a week and I am at a healthy weight. :)

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
Every time I move the scale, I get crazy readings. I try to place it on a hard, flat, and
(very important) level surface. I weigh every morning when I get up. I've also learned
to recognize a false low or a false high that is usually caused by dehydration or water
retention. As long as I have a gradual downward trend, I don't get too excited about
bouncing around by a pound or so... And, I am down by 14 pounds :D

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Every time I move the scale, I get crazy readings. I try to place it on a hard, flat, and
(very important) level surface. I weigh every morning when I get up. I've also learned
to recognize a false low or a false high that is usually caused by dehydration or water
retention. As long as I have a gradual downward trend, I don't get too excited about
Good for you! :hello1: That is wonderful!!! My daughter and I started Weight Watchers in May. I have lost 22.8 lbs and she has lost 30 lbs since we started. It's been way easier then I thought it would be to follow the program.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Good for you! :hello1: That is wonderful!!! My daughter and I started Weight Watchers in May. I have lost 22.8 lbs and she has lost 30 lbs since we started. It's been way easier then I thought it would be to follow the program.
Congrats to both of you on your progress so far thats wonderful!! I need to loose weight soon. any tips for someone that has three kids off for the summer and its too hot to walk durning the daylight hours?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Congrats to both of you on your progress so far thats wonderful!! I need to loose weight soon. any tips for someone that has three kids off for the summer and its too hot to walk durning the daylight hours?
Thank you so much. Everytime you hear mommy tighten your tummy muscles. Or do a deep knee bend. Stay positive and like yourself regardless of what you think you look like. I have no doubt you are a beautiful person!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the weight loss ladies, I commend you :love2: :toothy8:
Therese, guess I'll go ahead and place the scale on the hardwood in the hall and go with what number it gives me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts