Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just had to share a conversation I had with my vet the other day. She asked me "How come your chihuahuas are SO nice?" I was so proud! My vet said she has a few chis that are difficult patients, almost untouchable, especially on the exam table.
I got my dog from a reputable breeder who raises her puppies in her home. It's immaculate. I went through an interview process with her that was like applying for a job. She had no problem suggesting which puppies would be the best fit. She is a very conscientious breeder. When I left her place, she sent along a big packet of information, a baggy of food and the pup's favorite toys and blankets. The day after I brought home one of her puppies, she always makes a follow up phone call.
I am fortunate to be able to work from my home. I know what it's like to have people say stupid things about "yappers, ankle biters, rat dogs" etc. I work with my chis. I really want them to be great examples of the breed, so as to show ignorant people that chis are really wonderful. There are no bad chis-just bad owners, I think.
Sorry for the chattiness-I just joined and am excited to finally find a place where I can talk chihuahua and not have people roll their eyes.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hi and welcome to the board! :)

I think it is wonderful that you found such a good breeder. I agree that it can definitely be bad owners that can cause issue's in their dogs no matter what the breed and especially the toy breeds. Although there can be other things that can contribute to it as well. Taking them from their parents to early can cause behavioral issues and they can just be born with imbalances as well. Most are due to uneducated owners that do not realize how important socialization is though.

I too am blessed with some really good boys that are wonderful in public and in our home with strangers, etc...

You have definitely found the right place to talk Chi :)

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's a wonderful accolade! My vet admitted to me that he was apprehensive about me getting a Chi...he was used to handling my Doberman, Dary, who he could do absolutely anything to, and he's met some nasty little dogs. He and his staff think Pablo is great, although I can't take much of the credit, since he's a rescue and I've only had him since March of this year. Remember, the breeder gave them a great start but you gave them everything else! Well done!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts