Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Like I mentioned in another post I think?, I've had an chi offer in Dec. I had told them I wouldn't be avail. until I after I moved about two weeks later in Jan. I actually don't know too much about the offer other then they wanted to come check me out first. So the suspense has been "killing me" too.

It's now delayed again on my end because of the toxic fumes and professional cleaning I've been having( I 'm staying at my parents house right now).
Most everything I have had to be boxed back up and put into the garage and basement about week after I moved in. My surviving pet fish( the ones not killed by the incident) have been packed up, some went with me to the parents house and some went to a fish club person. I was up nearly all night early on trying to save dying pet fish.

(Sarcastic)...It's just delightful to be packing up my stuff after I was almost done organizing and be spending more time cleaning after I spent two weeks doing that at my apartment.

My mom has been telling me to keep this a secret from the people with the chi offer when they come over. IF they know you have these problems, you'll be rejected for sure.

I on the other hand would prefer to give an explaination for this mess I'm in and another delay because while I have to admit I am a bit on the messy side( really trying to improve and have spent a lot of time trying to be organized in the new place), I am not nearly this messy by my self.
The place is nearly cleared out the same as when I moved in the last week of Dec.

I'm going to clean it up as fast as I can, but you know I'm dreadfully tired of cleaning and each item now has to be not only re-organized and put away but also wiped down with a special soot sponge. Before I knew this was a such a serious problem and lived about a week with this mess, I would find my food and drink tasted a bit off.

Also the cleaning people broke some shelving when they moved items without my permission so I need to get up to the used furniture store and get some more shelves.
All of my clothing is contaiminated with fumes and toxic stuff also so I'm basically left with the clothing on my body like if I walked away from a house fire and indeed a lot of the clean up effects are the same.

Just in case someone wants to leave me negative comments like they did in Dec:
Honestly I'm so stressed that when I'm not dealing with these issues, I'm on the parent's computer too un-motivated to do much and I have had many sleepless nights, along with the ear aches and stressed related headaches.

So my main concern here in case it isn't clear, is that should I tell the people with the chi offer when they come over to check me out about the source of the mess and second delay?. Or maybe even say something happened even if I don't get any specifics?.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Is this going to be something that happens over and over again? If so, I wouldn't think you would want to bring a little dog in, if however, this is an isolated incident, then the "don't ask, don't tell" is the best policy.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Well, I think I would explain to the people what happened. I think if I were the one trying to find a home for the Chi, I would appreciate your concern for the pup and be willing to work with you, and wait it out to make sure it was safe for the little dog.

But, as Lin said, if there is ANY chance whatsoever of this happening again, I would not introduce a dog to the situation at all.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'm with the other 2 here
If you think this could happen again then I wouldn't be bringing a pup home
That stuff sounds real bad what if it happened when the pup was in the house?
I hope you manage to get it cleaned soon and you can return home :(

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm expecting the cleaning people back Monday, but they were supposed to come on Friday and never showed up. So we''ll see.

While I was browsing, I just happened to find exactly the kind of chi I wanted in the first place( a red longhair) for adoption semi locally. Too bad I have to wait right now. If my first offer falls though, maybe I can get this one.
I'm sorta committed to the first offer since they waited for me to move.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
What is a puff back mess?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
A puff back is a term for a problem within a furnace resulting in a certain type of explosion. This explosion releases carbon monoxide or dioxide not sure which, various chemicals, soot and ash which spreads around and sticks to everything it comes in contact with. Where ever the heating was being spread, that's the main source of spreading it. The fumes themselves are a health hazard. If it's not checked in time*, it will progress to the furnace starting a house fire.

The furnace needs to be turned off ASAP and checked when this occurs. If you catch it in time when bad odors start happening, no puff back will occur.
I did not catch this one in time because I was only at the new place about once day unloading some items before I went back to my apartment. So by the time I arrived that day, I saw smoke hanging in the air and the damage was already done.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Oh, wow. The Puff Back sounds terrible! SO sorry you had to deal with that!
I don't think it's anything to be embarrassed of, or hide from the people with the chihuahua though. If they ask why it's all been delayed, I would tell them. If they don't ask, not necessary!
Will you be moving back in to this same place that had the problem with the furnace? Is this a problem that is destined to happen again, or has it been replaced or repaired properly by a professional? Those are things I would consider when thinking about bringing home any pet under those circumstances.

Also, you said that you are kind of committed to the people who "held" the first chi for you. If it's not the chi you actually want, and may just resent it for that fact, or "replace" it later with the chi of your dreams, THEN PASS!!! :) Keep looking. I'm sure if the people that have been "holding" the first chi for you had had tons of inquires about her while your problems were delaying things for you, I'm sure you would have heard about that.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I guess I'll just want to wait and see. There aren't too many chis that I would outright reject, however I do my preferences.

I did curiously mail about the semi local, red long hair I saw advertised and she's taken already so non issue there. Advertised just today and already someone replied.
It does seem that if I really wanted the "chi of my dreams" I'd probably have to get a puppy from a breeder as the longhairs do seem rare in rescues around here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts