Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pumpkin is good for both constipation and runny poops. A little bit goes a long way. Some people keep it frozen in ice cube trays so they can pop one out as needed.

Just be sure to get canned pumpkin, not the canned pumpkin pie mix (it has spices)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Hope came to us with stomach issues. She was later diagnosed with chronic colitis. Pumpkin helped firm up her stools. Some also say that it helps with constipation but we have not had that problem so I do not know firsthand.

I bought cheap ice cube trays, filled each compartment with canned pumpkin (plain, not the pie filling), froze them and then popped out the pumpkin cubes and stored in a ziploc bag in the freezer.

Now that she is stable, I just keep a can of pumpkin in the pantry at all times just in case.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Its near impossible to get it in the uk - I had to order some from America when the cat needed it!

·
Registered
145 Posts
actually, the pie filling is better for the runs because it has cinnamon and cloves in it which is great for runny poop. I use both and my dogs love either one

pam in TX

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
They have canned pumpkin(just the plain stuff) next to the pumpkin pie mix at Wal-Mart. I keep it on hand incase one of my dogs has runny poo. Sometimes I fill their Kong toys with it and freeze as a treat.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
They have canned pumpkin(just the plain stuff) next to the pumpkin pie mix at Wal-Mart. I keep it on hand incase one of my dogs has runny poo. Sometimes I fill their Kong toys with it and freeze as a treat.
That a good Idea to freeze it. I am going to put some in ice cub trays and freeze then put in freezer bad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts