Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how long do pups sleep usually?
seems like my baby sleeps for more
than half the day! AND he sleeps everytime
i sleep!

·
Registered
332 Posts
My vet told me that are suppose to sleep at least 15 hours a day! I used to worry about Marcus all the time but the vet said he is normal :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
Puppies just love to sleep, I wouldn't really worry!!! :)

·
Registered
675 Posts
pups will sleep for as long as they need to!! i guess it depends on how active they've been when awake to how much they sleep afterwards...

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
jemini is my lazy pup.
i work at night so when i come is sooo willing to go back to sleep with me lol at frist i told my self she wasn't lazy but just wanted to be next to me. but i come to see that she just likes to sleep!! :lol: like right now sh'es sleep under my desk and she just woke up ,went out side ran around with jamoka and now she's sleep again.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The trend for our 9 weeks old Charlie is, sleep from 10pm-6am then wake for an hour, sleep from 7am-5pm wake for another hour, then sleep from 6-8pm, then wake for another hour, and cycle repeats. so he's up for about 3 hours of the day! I would say 5 the most. But yes, when he is up, he plays like there's no tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadget used to sleep all the time when he was a baby....

now he will sleep through out the day but usually just little doggie naps...

but on the weekends he is dads lil sleepin buddy....

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
When I got Jazzy, it had been a really long time since I had a puppy, and I also got concerned that she slept so much. Now I know it's just normal.

She will be a year old next month, and she still sleeps a lot during the day. She will be up and play for an hour or so, then she takes a nap. This cycle repeats all day, so I would say she is probably only awake around 5 hours a day total.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You guys have GOT to be kidding! How did you all end up with Sleepy Chi's and I ended up with a Chi that I must PUT DOWN for a nap and make her sleep :lol: . She is 3 months old and she is awake practically all day. She goes from one thing (playing with my Jack Russell mix until she's pooped out :eek: ) to to another (playing with my daughter's 3 month old Chi until he's pooped out) to taking a small nap and starting all over again. Finally about 10:30 at night she wants to get up in the chair and get serious about sleeping.

And she really isn't hyper if she's not playing with the other dogs. She just goes from one toy or chewy to another.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i hated it when they slept all the time :lol: they have to play with me you know :D :D

now they are awake most of the day ...except when i'm gone

kisses nat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts