Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to order matching harnesses for the girls for winter not that it'll fit lotus but I'm hoping by Christmas it will anyway I want the brown zebra print which is fur lined and wondered if the ones with thicker linings run smaller (read this I hope it does so I don't have to send it back) daisy has a small summery step in which if I pull really tight stays on they don't do it in an xs over the head or I'd buy that one for lotus!!

Anyone know if the fluffy ones fit a bit snugger?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yes, the fur lined ones run small! Really small!! Brody got the red plaid Christmas one from Lisa (mom of 4 chis) for Christmas secret santa last year and it fits him perfect and it is a MEDIUM. He normally wears a small step in puppia in the normal color/styles. He has a 12 inch chest.

Go up at least one size from what you normally get.

Here's a pic of it..... (So cute! I love it!)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omgosh that's so sweet I want the new snowflake one but u can't get it here so gonna have to order from abroad I'm confused it says the small will fit daisy but now idk lol

If they come up really small maybe it'll fit lotus lol I think I'll order one in a small seenwho it fits town order another if need be!!

Tracey do u think they're warmer?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Omgosh that's so sweet I want the new snowflake one but u can't get it here so gonna have to order from abroad I'm confused it says the small will fit daisy but now idk lol

If they come up really small maybe it'll fit lotus lol I think I'll order one in a small seenwho it fits town order another if need be!!

Tracey do u think they're warmer?
Yes, they are very warm. The inside of Brody's is a thick fleece padding. I'm sure it's very warm when on! I love the padded ones. :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Fab fab This is the one I want they do it in step in too

Puppia Snowflake Harness Wine
OMG that's so cute!!! I wonder if the over the head ones fit different than the step ins as far as sizing? That says a medium fits 12-18 pounds!! ha ha! Brody doesn't weigh 12 pounds I can tell ya that. HA HA!

It sure is a darling little harness. Will look so cute on your girls. :)

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh gosh and now some other site says 12.2 max so I dunno arrggh it's a pain when it's not uk coz it's not a case of just sending back gah maybe a step in for lotus and over the head for daisy bloody puppia bug me

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
The small step-ins are too big for Oakley but I have added extra velcro to the ones she has and that makes them fit. I was hoping a small fuzzy one might fit her, but...depressed sigh...she won't be walking ANYWHERE for awhile :( Surgery tomorrow :( :( :( :( :(

But I bet that you might be surprised. If a medium fit Brody I would guess that they really do run small. Tracy, did you try the small first or did you initially go w/ the medium size?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I'll order the small the normal smalls are too big so I adjust them I thought furry would be snugger but then there's only 1/2 inch diff between daisy and brody but maybe last years were tighter I wish England were up to date lol

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
I was hoping a small fuzzy one might fit her, but...depressed sigh...she won't be walking ANYWHERE for awhile :( Surgery tomorrow :( :( :( :( :(
Good luck with the surgery, sweetie. Will be thinking of you guys. Try not to worry too much, she'll be back to normal before you know it. :) Keep us posted. xx

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
The small step-ins are too big for Oakley but I have added extra velcro to the ones she has and that makes them fit. I was hoping a small fuzzy one might fit her, but...depressed sigh...she won't be walking ANYWHERE for awhile :( Surgery tomorrow :( :( :( :( :(

But I bet that you might be surprised. If a medium fit Brody I would guess that they really do run small. Tracy, did you try the small first or did you initially go w/ the medium size?
Lisa (mom of 4 chis) bought it for him for Christmas for Secret Santa. (What a sweetie she is!) She says she originally bought the small and when she got the package she thought OH NO! She had to return it and get a medium. She was stunned that the small was so tiny! The medium looks just like a small. I don't know if its the extra padding that makes it fit that way or what. But a small would be TINY, more like an XS. She couldn't believe how small they were running.

Oh, I will be thinking of Oakley tomorrow!!!! Do good little girl!!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wonder if they've changed their sizing this year?? Gonna try find the one brody has and see what it says!!

Kristi let us know how it goes tomorrow give her a big kiss from us xx

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I got the zebra and the leopard print in the fur for my 3 in the size small but I'll have order a medium for MoJie cause his chest is huge and his butt is small...LOL....NaNa and TucTuc is wearing the small in the fur step in...

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks aiga

I think the ones I'm talking about have thicker fur than the zebra ones I spoke to pet London and they said these ones only measure at 10 inches ugh but she reckons a medium will be too big for daisy I think I'll order a medium because her coat is coming in so will fill it out lotus I think I'm gonna go for a small and if I need a bigger size next yet then so be it

Um we need pics of your guys especially as someone is celebrating her birthday next month!!

·
Registered
708 Posts
And the advantage of the larger ones is that you can wear them over a hoodie or jumper for winter time :)

Yeah I can't believe Roxy is going to be one already :) And Daisy too!! Where did the time go? Lately I have been very very busy with the studies I am doing at the moment, but I'll try to post some pictures soon :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts