Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
wow those look really cute! They look like they'd be so comfortable for the dog! I hate the harness Cooper has right now. It looks so uncomfortable for him. I just can't find any other ones around.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard wonderful things about these harnesses but from big dog owners. I'm hoping the same will apply for our little guys. Many people say they work great on dogs who otherwise hate harnesses or are "pullers"

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I got your PM. :D Seriously guys, this is the best harness ever!!! We used to have the one from Petco for Sadie and she would always walk like she had a gimpy arm (don't ask me why :roll: ) So, we tried to find a more comfortable harness for her and this one definitely fits the bill. This harness is very soft on their neck and chest area which is perfect for a carseat (and also for walking) and it fits them perfectly! Sadie and Ritz are both 6 lbs but I'm pretty sure Ritz started to wear his before he was full grown. The neck part is not adjustable but the chest strap is fully adjustable and Sadie and Ritz are pretty much in the middle so there is room to be expanded or contracted. I'm pretty sure that they both wear Small but I'll have to check when I get home. I'll try to take some pictures when I get home as well so that you guys can get a good idea of how it fits. Here is one of Sadie being silly:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Oooh these harnesses look wonderful!!! I can't stand the one I have for Angel so I might have to look into these, thanks!!

And I love that photo of Sadie! The facial expression is hilarious!

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Those look really comfortable! Maybe because they are thicker in the front?

Sadie looks so cute in that pic! :wink:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats perfect! Let me know for sure what size you got and thats what I'll order espcially since they are adjustable like that. The picture really helped to give me an idea of the fit, thank you! We'll probably order 1 and give it a try, if it works we'll order 2 more :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
They're very thick in front. The only time that nylon material is used is on the strap that goes around the chest and back. It's not used on the neck or chest area so it's great. Here are some pics that I took really quick. I tried to take them at every angle. Sorry about the quality. Oh and Ritz and Sadie both wear Small.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I'd say no it won't fit Stitchy .. I've got them for my boys and fizzys is fine in his , but Kirbys is much to big for him !! :shock:
This is gonna sound so silly ;) but when I got fizzys his I was so excited about it , it's that good :):) )

( I've got a 'Trixie' puppy harness for Kirby it fits him just fine :):) )
he is so looking forward to being able to go out for little walks with fizzy :) )

·
Registered
897 Posts
Has anyone else had any trouble with their chi's getting their legs stuck in the neck area... as if they are trying to step out of the harness? Angel is 7 pounds and I have the small size. I'm trying to figure out if Angel is just really talented at squeezing out of the thing or if it just isn't fitting quite right.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I've not had any trouble with mine !

Fizzy is 6 llbs , but he does have quite a thick neck & loads of hair on his neck ;) lol maybe Angel has a little cute girly neck :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
I tried it for my Pearl who weighs 3 lbs and it was way too big. I gave it too my sister whose chi is 6 lbs and it fits great, with room to spare.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Bosco has the same harness! At first we didn't like it (Bosco was able to get out of his during a walk :shock: ) but after we tightened it up, it has worked perfectly. I think it looks really cool on him too. He has a dark blue one, and I want to buy a pink one for Lola. LOL

·
Registered
718 Posts
They are terrific harnesses!! I got Diego a red one and he finally doesn't mind wearing a harness. I think they are just so much more comfotable for them, and also very well made. I just wish they came in X-small. He has the small and it is rather large around the neck but if you tighten it up it seems okay. It would be way too big for a dog under 4lbs though I think.

·
Registered
565 Posts
they look great...bonnie hates the harness i have for her now...she runs and hides whenever she sees it come out of the drawer. I want to wait until she's full grown before i spend a lot of money on something she might outgrow or might not fit her though

·
Registered
746 Posts
Mo has this harness also. It is great, very comfortable, and not as easy for him to slip out of. He is wearing it here, but my sons hands are covering it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts