Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just wanted to ask you guys about the Puppia Orion II Harness. I saw one on ebay that I'm thinking of getting, but I was kind of disappointed with the original Puppia harness, so I'm not sure if this will be better. With the original one, I found that the neck part didn't fit too well. I'm also thinking that the Orion one may be better because this one doesn't have to go over the head, and it looks like it may fit better...possibly. If any of you guys currently have the Orion II harness, could you please let me know what you think of it? Do you like it, dislike it? What are the pros and cons. It's very cute and I like the design. It looks really comfy too, but sometimes pics can be deceiving, so I thought I would do some research before buying it. Thanks you guys!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I brought one for Kye just the other week.

I got him XS and it fits ok.

The only thing i would say is that where it clips together at the back, it is slightly loose, and the front does seem a little big, but where it velcros up at the back, it is a little tighter.

I like it because it doesnt go over the head (which is what Kye hated about the original Puppia, hence we had to cut it off him as he got his leg and head stuck in the head hole!!).

Id probably give it 7/10 (mainly as the fit is not perfect) but it does the job and Kye looks really cute in it (we brought the camo pattern one!).

Hope that helps! x

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awww that's too bad. I was going to go for the medium size. DO you guys think that would be too big for my 6.5 chi who has a girth of 14 in.?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it doesn't fit right, I think I might have to ask my mom to fix it since she's a seamstress. =) I'll have to think about it though since you guys are saying that the fit isn't much better than the regular puppia harness...that's a bummer.

·
Registered
5,493 Posts
I think if your mom could fix it then it would be worth it. I really like the material they're made out of and the style is really nice. They do run smaller than the regular size so I think the medium would be good around the waste of a 6.5lb chi but probably too big around the chest.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm...thank you for your detailed response. That was very helpful. I think I might get it and then have my mom fix it if possible. Thanks so much you guys!! I'll let you know how it works out...

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I just bought it off of ebay for 27 something...not bad. I will let you guys know how it fits!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By the way, I really like the portraits of your chis Katie! They're really close to what they look like in real life. I was actually thinking about getting a portrait done for my little one, but then again I guess I could do it myself since I was an art and art history major...lol.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You should try too...for fun. You never know...maybe you're one of those naturals, who knows?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I finally got the harness. I haven't put it on Minky yet, but I think it will fit just fine because of the velcro adjustable portion. It's soooo sooo cute too! I'll let you guys know how well it fits!

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will try to borrow my roommate's camera and take some pics this weekend! =)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Baxter has the Puppia harness, and it is the best harness he has ever had (and I have tried many!) Its a size small, and is a tiny bit big but the velcro makes it fit well

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I absolutely agree. Out of all the harnesses I've tried thus far, this definitely fits the best. I would say that the medium is about a quarter to a half and inch too big around the neck, but it's really fine overall. Minky didn't seem to mind that much either when I put it on her. And like you said, the velcro around the waist is a good thing since you can adjust it. I'm very excited. I hope the weather warms up soon so I can take my Minky on a walk. She's going to look so pretty. I got her the pink floral harness. I will try to post some pics of her in the harness. Thanks you guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts