Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, so I'm looking to get Bailey a new puppia. I'd like to get a step in vest but the sizes seem to be so ridiculous. B is 6.4lbs and has a chest size of 14in. If I go by the guide it say 14-15 inches and then jumps to 8lbs!

My question is do any of you have a chi around this size and have a step in for them? If so what size if any worked for you?

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Ok so here is what I think -- she has the same weight and measurements as Trig.The step in's just don't fit him. The small is just a little too snug, and the medium is huuuuge! I don't know why there is such a huge jump in sizes, but those step in's just don't fit him super well :-/ Plus, Bailey is kinda long and lanky like Trigger is...LOL the vets look kinda funny on their long bodies. I find the size Small over-the-head fits him perfectly though. Which patterns are you looking at? :-D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of the conclusion I came up with too kristi. Bummer. I had the same problem when trying to fit lucy and I ended up with an over head that I'm v happy with.

I'll show ya the overhead I really like for her :)

I'm feeling this one...what ya think. In pink but of course.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, the pinkaholic?! Poor trig!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Ohhhh I love those little ones with ruffles, you totally should do that!

They don't show dirt, really...the material isn't cotton so, dirt doesn't cling to it too much. I mostly use the plain mesh and they've held up pretty well. They've all been washed a few times and have done fine.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Already bought and paid for!

It's nice that the body of this one is mesh then. At least I know it will hold up well! Yay! I'm a sucker for ruffles too!

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Ok so here is what I think -- she has the same weight and measurements as Trig.The step in's just don't fit him. The small is just a little too snug, and the medium is huuuuge! I don't know why there is such a huge jump in sizes, but those step in's just don't fit him super well :-/
This is what I was thinking as well. B will likely be between sizes unfortunately. It's nuts the difference in size between the small and the medium.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aww..I'm sorry you are jealous ;) I will take pics for you if that will make you feel better?

I love gingham too. Lucy's is black gingham with a bow on the back, so I think they will compliment eachother nicely.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts