Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone

I know i have already posted a thread asking for help with the puppia step in harness sizes for my puppy. - thanks everyone who replied

I hope you wont mind helping me out again :)

I ordered the dotty step in harness in a size small, it is lovely but is too big at the moment for my 12 week old pup.

I really like the Step in Gala harness in black, the one with the fur, ive attached a picture (if it works)[

What size do you think would fit a fully grown chihuahua up to 6lb, or what size is ur chihuahua and which size do they wear?

i would like to buy it for the colder days and then for the winter but dont want it to be too small for him by say october?

Also would you say they act as a jacket also as they have the fur in them?

Any Help would be great

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
i never owned one of the step in puppias with the fur. i do want to get my girls one in the fall though. i have read that the ones with the fur run alittle smaller than the others.
if it were me, i would wait until closer to the fall before i bought one for a puppy. that way you would have a better idea of what the measurements were.
also there may be some new fall colors offered by then.
Minnie weighs between 4 1/2 and almost 5 pounds, and she wears a size small in the step in without the fur. i think i'd order a small for her in the one with the fur.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I think I've already replied to this exact same question before but anyhow I have 3 of the gala harnesses 2 black 1 white all side small my 5 lb, 6lb and 8 lb chi all fit into it! It's not going to fit a puppy for awhile unless you've got a larger sized chi my 4th chi Is 3 lbs current and I doubt the small would ever fit him especially if he stays under 5lbs if they're on sale I'd say grab one for when your chi is adult but I can't see it fitting for awhile assuming your chi is average sized for it's age hope that helps :)

I can add a pic of my 8 lb chi wearing it

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello

I emailed pet london today asking if they will be getting anymore new puppia harnesses in, they said the new winter collection is available at the end of august. so i am going to wait till then to see what new designs will be out,

UNICYCLIST - how old is your chihuahua? do you know the measurements and weight?

I think the xs overhead harness is the same size as the small step in, and if thats the case it will probably be too big. my pup is 12 weeks and around 2.7lb and the small step in buries him at the moment. im hoping he will grow into it soon

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chihuahualovesme - thanks that is very helpful, my short haired chihuahua should fit into size smalls as an adult which is good.

i have just received the size medium step in harness for my other chihuahua

He is a 8lb long haired, i tried the small on him but the velcro was at the loosest part and it seemed a bit too tight, must be because he is long haired he needs the medium lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the advice (sorry for gatecrashing the thread)

My Chi is only 11 weeks now, and is very small anyway. I have an extra small harness (not velcro) that swamps her so wondered if one of these would be better. Im guessing not.

Ill get some measurements done later and put them up for you

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you been to pets at home?

My puppy is wearing a kitten harness from there at the moment and it fits perfect, it was only around £7 so i dont mind that it only lasts a short while.

Ive pasted the link below

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/baby-bea-kitten-harness-and-lead-set-56907

:):)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Have you been to pets at home?

My puppy is wearing a kitten harness from there at the moment and it fits perfect, it was only around £7 so i dont mind that it only lasts a short while.

Ive pasted the link below

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/baby-bea-kitten-harness-and-lead-set-56907

Well you have sold me on that one! Thanks 1234, ill be nipping to my local store in about an hour to go grab one :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your welcome!!

As i said my puppy is 12 week and 2.7lb and it fits him, it can go bigger but also smaller than what he has it on, so fingers crossed it should fit your pup too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
My poppy weights 6pm & she wears a small size for both the step in & over the head versions.
I got a great deal on eBay for both my puppias

1 - 11 of 11 Posts