Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As most of you know i'm looking for my next and last addition for a while. There are quite a few puppies available currently and some up and coming. I thought i'd post a few pics of a few from one breeder that isn't too terribly far.
These two SC males were born on valentines day.

not sure of their size or the size of the parents but parents are cute. mom is especially pretty i think.
Here is a pup from another litter. She is the only one and she's a female. I think she's lovely but i was looking for a male. :rolleyes: she is LC

she has same dad as the above boys.
I will probably be posting more pup pics soon from other breeders. There are alot of pups around right now! :D My main requirements are shorter muzzle, lighter colored coat, still on fence about LC or SC but leaning toward LC, larger ears, larger eyes, no larger than 4-5 lbs adult size. :)
Thoughts?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Love the cream colored pup. Not super fond of the second one. As for head, muzzle, size, way too early to tell. Pics of their parents? Not sure how old the pups are in the pics, but they look quite young, and pretty big for such young pups.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Those babies are cute! But.... I think ALL babies are cute. It's really hard to tell at a young age how they will turn out. They change SO MUCH!

Any chance you would look at an older puppy. Maybe something 4-6 months old? You'd be much more likely to get the coat type/length and size and short muzzle you are looking for in an older puppy. Maybe you could snag a show puppy that's testicles didn't drop or whose bite went off. That would be ideal. And you'd know how it's going to turn out as far as size! I think a LOT of people get disappointed when they buy a baby and then it ends up 8 pounds.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those babies are cute! But.... I think ALL babies are cute. It's really hard to tell at a young age how they will turn out. They change SO MUCH!

Any chance you would look at an older puppy. Maybe something 4-6 months old? You'd be much more likely to get the coat type/length and size and short muzzle you are looking for in an older puppy. Maybe you could snag a show puppy that's testicles didn't drop or whose bite went off. That would be ideal. And you'd know how it's going to turn out as far as size! I think a LOT of people get disappointed when they buy a baby and then it ends up 8 pounds.
I know they really do. I've been looking for quite a while and I'll tell you some of the pups sell a wk after their pic is put up. As far as an older pup, eh I really don't want one that old. Leila was 10 wks i think when i got her and i'd like to stick around that age. I really want to be the one teaching them at that crucial time, as well as enjoy the puppyhood, and since i'm getting a male possibly he is getting neutered as early as humanely possible. I don't want a marker ;) I emailed her and asked their current weights as well as parents.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Honest answer? I don't like her coloring. Her muzzle already looks long. Hard to tell about the head, and ears at this point. And she's BIG!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mom is a cutie, but has a longer muzzle. Not super long, but longer than I think you are wanting. She is also a good size Chi. 7 to 8 lbs. Dad is cute, but something odd about his look. Maybe it's his expression. He is pretty "big" too. Different build than Mom, but probably about 7 to 8 lbs. With that said, Mom & Dad look like sweethearts!!!

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Her muzzle doesn't bother me. I'm not super anal about it really. I like short one but I don't think hers looks bad. And i know in pics everything on a chi looks bigger. I don't care for dad either, but he looks pretty small i thought and short legged. I think his noseholes look big hahaha :) I love the way leila looks but i'd like a larger/more rounder head if that makes sense and def. larger ears. Hers are a bit small. Size is very important to me def. don't want bigger than 5 lbs. And of course budget is a factor. There are plenty out there that are great but out of my price range. :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, Dad looks small. 7 to 8 lbs. is by far big. It's average size for a Chi these days. Much bigger than I'm used too, but still small. He does look "cobby." Just not a "tiny" cobby. Plus he has all that coat. :lol:

Lol @ big nose holes! Something about his look is def. off! But he's adorable just the same!

I'm gonna say if you are looking for no bigger than 5 lbs., keep looking. The cream pup is very cute, but until he ages, you won't be able to tell much about how he'll mature out.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I like the first cream pup best out of the 3. The LC girls coloring will change a LOT as she grows...I'm going to guess she'll be light in color (maybe same color as her "highlights"?). Mom is definitely sweet. Muzzle isn't *too* long...just wouldn't want it any longer. Dad is handsome but I agree he has big nostrils. LOL May be his expression as well but I like his body structure...small, short & compact. He maybe a bit over weight but it could be his LC too. hehe Weight guessing is so silly unless you see them in person. But if you compare size of the puppy to the mum...she does not look like an overly large Chi what so ever. A nice in-standard size I'd say by the looks.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Happy hunting, Cheryl.. I must say I love seeing the puppy pics when folks are checking out new babies..;) I really like the coat color on that first little boy, but then I have always wanted a white chi, but you just don't see them around here.. I know he is cream, not white.. but he's sure is a pretty color now.

Guess Snow is the closest I'll ever get to a white one..lol and she's definitely cream with white spots. Yanno, when her litter was born, she was the largest pup at birth (and last one born). She stayed the largest for a while, then the other two starting passing her in weight. Today, at 15 months old, she is the smallest in frame size and weight.. just under 5 pounds. Her brother is about 6 pounds, and her sister is Miss Chubby 7-8 pounds. As Tracy said, there is just no way to predict which pup will be the smallest when they are very young.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
I like the cream boy best as well, he does look like he may be smaller than the LC girl. I like the coloring on the LC girl but as mentioned it should change a lot, something odd about her face though? I love the sire to the litter and I noticed the big nostrils to LOL! If you find a reputable breeder (not saying this one isnt) but most of the time they will hold them back to see how they will look a little older and not always as old as 4 or 6 months. You could probably find one as early as 12 weeks and they do not usually let their pups go earlier than that so you could get a better idea of how the pup will look as an adult. Most of the time the conformation of a pup at 8 weeks (maybe older in Chis) will give you and idea of structure and conformation as an adult. I got Chibi at 4 months old and he will be 3 in June and he is still like a puppy and he has the best temperment. He is a small guy so I dont feel as though I lost the puppy experience with him :)

Just be patient and you fill find your perfect baby :)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I like the first cream pup best out of the 3. The LC girls coloring will change a LOT as she grows...I'm going to guess she'll be light in color (maybe same color as her "highlights"?). Mom is definitely sweet. Muzzle isn't *too* long...just wouldn't want it any longer. Dad is handsome but I agree he has big nostrils. LOL May be his expression as well but I like his body structure...small, short & compact. He maybe a bit over weight but it could be his LC too. hehe Weight guessing is so silly unless you see them in person. But if you compare size of the puppy to the mum...she does not look like an overly large Chi what so ever. A nice in-standard size I'd say by the looks.
The first one is my fave as well. Or you could just ship mobie to me, he'd fit the bill perfectly. ;)
Happy hunting, Cheryl.. I must say I love seeing the puppy pics when folks are checking out new babies..;) I really like the coat color on that first little boy, but then I have always wanted a white chi, but you just don't see them around here.. I know he is cream, not white.. but he's sure is a pretty color now.

Guess Snow is the closest I'll ever get to a white one..lol and she's definitely cream with white spots. Yanno, when her litter was born, she was the largest pup at birth (and last one born). She stayed the largest for a while, then the other two starting passing her in weight. Today, at 15 months old, she is the smallest in frame size and weight.. just under 5 pounds. Her brother is about 6 pounds, and her sister is Miss Chubby 7-8 pounds. As Tracy said, there is just no way to predict which pup will be the smallest when they are very young.
Snow is an adorable girl :D There was an all white male that looked really small on another site i've been stalking and he was sold within a couple days of seeing the pic. :( I hate that! I'd love a white, cream or one with spots this time. :)
I like the cream boy best as well, he does look like he may be smaller than the LC girl. I like the coloring on the LC girl but as mentioned it should change a lot, something odd about her face though? I love the sire to the litter and I noticed the big nostrils to LOL! If you find a reputable breeder (not saying this one isnt) but most of the time they will hold them back to see how they will look a little older and not always as old as 4 or 6 months. You could probably find one as early as 12 weeks and they do not usually let their pups go earlier than that so you could get a better idea of how the pup will look as an adult. Most of the time the conformation of a pup at 8 weeks (maybe older in Chis) will give you and idea of structure and conformation as an adult. I got Chibi at 4 months old and he will be 3 in June and he is still like a puppy and he has the best temperment. He is a small guy so I dont feel as though I lost the puppy experience with him :)

Just be patient and you fill find your perfect baby :)
Her dogs are pretty good looking. She isn't too far and she's been doing it a long time.And her prices are really reasonable.
I want a chibi :(

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I posted the wrong sire of the 2 males. Sorry! I put the right one on
She wrote me back and said the sire was 3.5 lbs. and dam is 5.5lbs. She said the puppies should be in the 4-5 lbs range.
She also has another litter with 2 female and 3 males. The males are a cream, dark sable color, and looks like a black one as well.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
I posted the wrong sire of the 2 males. Sorry! I put the right one on
She wrote me back and said the sire was 3.5 lbs. and dam is 5.5lbs. She said the puppies should be in the 4-5 lbs range.

That sounds reasonably accurate. The sire looks a lot like the dam...with just a thinner frame. LOL Love the colors. I never was a fan of lighter colored Chi's-now I love the really light creams & whites. :D

You hop on a plane & come to Maine & we'll talk about Mobie! ;)

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That sounds reasonably accurate. The sire looks a lot like the dam...with just a thinner frame. LOL Love the colors. I never was a fan of lighter colored Chi's-now I love the really light creams & whites. :D

You hop on a plane & come to Maine & we'll talk about Mobie! ;)
Oh heather, i'd love to :)

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Noooo Mobie is mine, LOL!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Ack! I want Mobie too!! Heather, you'd better lock him up good!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts