Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear and Teddy went to two wonderful homes. Bear's new mommy was looking for a companion to take with her when she does her traveling. She lives up in the mountains and he will have a lot of space to run around...on a leash. She is well aware of the wild animals in the area and was able to verbalize the precautions she takes. She has another small dog for him to play with.

Teddy went to an older lady who is a trainer and she will see if he could make a good service dog or canine companion dog that she can take with her everywhere. If not, she promised to spoil the crap out of him.

All in all, I am pleased and happy they found such good homes, but, dang, I'm going to miss them. Marmalade started crying when I gathered up Teddy, she just knew. She is laying in the puppy pen on the bed and looking so depressed.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, Marmalade is getting spayed next month, the place I take my animals won't spay her until she is 4 months post puppies, then we will find her a forever home. It shouldn't be too hard, she is a wonderful dog. Very, very friendly and walks like a dream.

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Oh how sad, I could never breed I would want to keep them all.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh how sad, I could never breed I would want to keep them all.
You have no idea how hard it was to give them up. This was my first time with a dog having puppies. I actually helped in the birth. I relalized one thing, no way am I cut out to be a breeder. Hurts too much. lol

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm happy you found such good homes for the puppies. I feel sorry for Marmalade.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
That is great they found new homes, can you post some pics of the baby's?

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Awww am glad they found good homes, they are such cute babies!
I could never breed either i would keep them too.
I feel so bad for Marmalade aswell.
She is a beauty, and i would keep her too. lol

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
So happy to know the babies have great forever homes, and kudos to you for making sure that happened for them. I will being praying for Marmalade to find a wonderful and loving family.. she certainly deserves it..

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Thats great that you were able to find such awesome homes for both puppies! Im sure it was as hard for you as it was for Marmalade to see them go. How wonderful of you to have raised these pups and select their perfect homes. All homeless pets should be so lucky.

·
Registered
768 Posts
aww bless! glad they have loving homes, i could never breed also! i would just cry giving them up! can i ask why u are re-homing marmalade? x

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tell the truth, I did have to fight a little tears. It's so quiet tonight. I quite miss them. Marmalade is a foster dog. She was given to me by a man that had lost his job and his home. Two days later, she had the pups. And I have a LOT of dogs. I never intended to keep her, just get her through the birth and find homes for the pups, get her fixed and find her a great home.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Tell the truth, I did have to fight a little tears. It's so quiet tonight. I quite miss them. Marmalade is a foster dog. She was given to me by a man that had lost his job and his home. Two days later, she had the pups. And I have a LOT of dogs. I never intended to keep her, just get her through the birth and find homes for the pups, get her fixed and find her a great home.
Aw bless you, thats a sweet story!
u`ll have to have lots of cuddles with ur other dogs tonight and they can keep ur mind off things! and keep u smiling :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts