Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a family member (the one's that got the pup off the street)
The pup was use to sleeping with its mom (they took in the mom as well, the so called "owners" asked for their dog once it was healthy) they couldn't do much as the agreement was originally just for the male. So now they only have the male. And he had got the habit of barking at night. They tried leaving him in the living room, and 2 other bedrooms (where they sleep) and he will still bark at night. They haven't got a good night sleep in a while. They want to try a thunder shirt but they were gonna look into it.
Why does he bark if there with him at night time?

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
If they can find an infant T Shirt, that might work as well as a thunder shirt. It should be comfortably tight. I stopped my chi's from crying at night by sneaking up and throwing a shoe AT the area; not at the dog itself. The noise startled them, and I waited. Sometimes a 2nd shoe was required! It worked. My chi's are in pens at night, so they are alone in the pen, but the other dog/s are nearby in their own pens.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think a infant T Shirt would fit him. He's a Chi Mix, long almost as a dachshund. But I wasn't aware you could do that.
They don't startle him when he's crying/ barking they just wait him out as eventually he'll fall asleep but of course it's a very long time. But I will see if there open to the idea of startling him.
The reason he's crying is because he doesn't have his mom to sleep with him like he was use to. And they don't have any other dog to sleep with him

1 - 4 of 4 Posts