Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pixie has terrible breath. I've tried adding Pet Dental liquid to her water bowl, tried brushing her teeth, have given her greenies, and still reeks! I can't understand it, and I'm wondering if that's just something I'll have to deal with for the rest of her life​
:confused:

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
My Sheltie has just had dental treatment and i was talking to the receptionist,her dog is 2 and has terrible breath,teeth are all fine,changed food ,vets looked at her can't find anything at all.If you have tried a different diet,teeth are ok.and had her seen by the vet.Maybe it's something you will have to live with,she does as nothing else can be done

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Puppies typically have a "skunky" breath odor, and that is normal.

Having said that... with a 5 month old puppy, I'd be looking for retained baby teeth. They can crowd the adult teeth coming in and if they aren't deeply rooted, they can decay - causing a terrible odor. If she has retained baby teeth (very common in Chi's), your vet will have to pull them if they don't come out on their own.

·
Premium Member
5,270 Posts
my Manchester terrier had AWFUL breath... I could smell it across the room........ *barf*... but I changed his food to a better brand (no grain) and he doesn't have the bad breath anymore...... have you tried a different food??

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Daisy had awful breath when i first got her.. she also stunk so got bathed quickly. Give her some raw meaty bones.. that fixed Daisy's breath immediately!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts