Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody! i have had mi new baby girl for a week now. she is 9 weeks and weighs about a pound. Shes a little baby. She is already as spoiled as our children. :roll: she loves to snuggle and give kisses but her breath could use a little refreshment if you know what i mean! :wink: i have heard that puppys tend to have bad brath. she has been dewormed so i dont think that is it. what do you guys recomend. feeding her treats and doggy food has not aliviated the problem. She threw something up the other day and her breath still kinda smells like that? i am not sure if it could be related........................any suggestions would help.

TIA
MM

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
bad breath

I have always loved my puppys "puppys breath" so I am not sure if the odor you are smelling is "puppy breath" or a particular odor that may be caused by something else? Usually bad breath can be caused by certain dog foods, treats or bad teeth (usually dogs older than yours I think though) and sometimes it can be health issues? I would ask the vet at my next visit if his puppy breath seemed normal to him?

Good Luck :wave:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I love puppy breath too... I can't think of anyone that doesn't! You might be the first... a pioneer!! :lol:
You could always start brushing your puppy's teeth ... it's obviously good for their dental and gum health but you might be able to get rid of some of the stink. Plus, it's easier when you start them young.
Yoshi's momma is right though; ask the vet if it's normal puppy breath or something else that could be covering up (or not covering up!) an underlying health problem. Hopefully, you just don't like puppy breath but it can't hurt to ask.
Your pup is adorable, by the way!! Does she have a name??

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I'm the opposite, i'm not keen on puppy breath (or cat breath!)
Lexi's mouth is too small and her gums are too fragile for a doggy toothbrush yet so I just rub her teeth with water every day or too. I've also got little dog mints which i break in half and she just gnaws on them, so that helps too.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
puppy breath

I have never even noticed my cats having any odor to there breath, :lol:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Re: puppy breath

Yoshismom said:
Yeah, I don't want to get that close to OmaKitty's face to smell her breath. Her nose might be the last thing I see before she scratches my eyeballs out.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Re: puppy breath

Cooper said:
Yoshismom said:
Yeah, I don't want to get that close to OmaKitty's face to smell her breath. Her nose might be the last thing I see before she scratches my eyeballs out.
ow i love her... her stories are great your omakitty. :D

·
Registered
510 Posts
i wish Hershey still had her puppy breath :( . It's gone now. I use to love it. When my dads dog had puppies there were 14 of them and each with puppy breath. I loved it.

As far as your baby is concerned do you brush her teeth? That might help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.