Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have found a site that probably many of you came across before. I feel very, very sad when I see people selling living beings like it was a car of furniture :cry: . Perhaps any of you guys know more about these people? I might be wrong but this looks like a puppy mill to me.....

http://billknell.tripod.com/puppies/puppies.html

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
It's definitely something to stay away from. I'm not sure if it's a puppy mill or just one of the latest money making schemes. There is one person in our area who is going around to backyard breeders and buying up entire litters for $300-$400 per pup and re-selling them on the net for $1000.-$2000. I keep an eye on his site just so I can make myself mad and raise my blood pressure evidently since what he's doing isn't illegal (although I keep hoping).

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is definatly bad. How does a "good breeder" have so many babies ready at the same time ? Probally has a good number of chi's churning out pups all the time. They are all diffrent ages. A good breeder has a litter once a year or once every two years on one dog.

·
Registered
76 Posts
wow i never knew what was a good breeder ands what wasnt :oops: :oops: :oops: but since coming here you lovely people have ecducated me more and i am very glad for it.*hugs* i didnt even know about something called puppy mills. shocking :shock: :shock: :shock: i feel so ignorant. :oops: :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries tinksplace, none of us was born with all the knowledge in the world :wink: . That's why we're here for.... to learn new things every day.
I'm sorry MissMolly, I never knew someone else posted this before :oops: . I just found it really distressing how people sell dogs and how even celebrities don't do their homework before buying a furry friend. I find that really sad :cry: .

Christina

·
Registered
530 Posts
I found this site when I was looking for my chi and it gave me a yucky feeling in the pit of my stomach so I stayed away.

If you actually read everything on the site you'll notice that most (unfortunately not all) of the celebrities that she has pictured didn't even buy their chi's from this breeder.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I've seen that site before and agree it is scary. I just don't understand why celebreties buy from awful places like these. Granted, money is not an issue for them but why can't they find a reputable breeder? I mean, most of them don't even have to do the research themselves - they have "hired help" for that! Find a reputable breeder and buy their pup for a reasonable price, and donate the rest of what they would spend to a shelter or rescue group! :evil: I know, I know - I'm living in a dream world. So sad :(

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Ory&C said:
I'm sorry MissMolly, I never knew someone else posted this before :oops: . I just found it really distressing how people sell dogs and how even celebrities don't do their homework before buying a furry friend. I find that really sad :cry: .

Christina
Oh no! I didn't say that to make you feel bad or anything! I'm happy that we ae bringing it up again so the new people here can learn about it too! :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I love my breeder several times people with disabilities or special needs have called. one instance that stands out is a little boy with lukemia just lost his chi he chose an 800. pup she said she would sell it to them for 250. when he got there she said this is your lucky day it's free. She is a softie at heart and goes out of her way to please

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I got Lady from their site :cry:. It isnt one breeder. It's quite a few. they are pricey but Lady is what they said she would be Im not crazy over the money I spent but it was well worth it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts