Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would this pups colour be classified as? and does anyone have a similiar colour and have pics from puppy to adult? I am curious how much he will lighten up as he gets older and if he will keep his "mask" or not. Anyone know? :) I can't even look up google images cuz I'm not sure what to call his colour

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
What would this pups colour be classified as? and does anyone have a similiar colour and have pics from puppy to adult? I am curious how much he will lighten up as he gets older and if he will keep his "mask" or not. Anyone know? :) I can't even look up google images cuz I'm not sure what to call his colour

He is a dark sabled fawn, or a dark sabled chocolate, one or the other!

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Cute!! To me he looks like red w/a black mask & sabling. He could lighten up & loose all,some or none of his black...only time will tell! :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'm going to guess a black masked wolf sable with white markings.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Red Fawn Sable. A lot of the black will fade as he grows. But only time will tell how much it will fade. He may keep a hint of the mask.

Cute boy! Congrats Tracilea! :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone :) lol guess time will tell the best but at least I have some colour names to look up and have a peek at all the possibilities :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good question Jerry'smom, I just sent her an e mail to ask lol I swear she is gonna start to hate me for all the email I send! lol

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
My Sable was the same colour as yours obv they wont be the same lol but its just an example You cant see her coat colour very well but it might give you an idea oir one possibility lol :)

Belle 6 months old (Still waiting for her full grown adult coat):

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Belle was the same colour as mine when she was born? Wow what a colour difference! lol Though it is a gorgeous colour so i wouldn't mind if he turned out this colour :) Thanks for posting the pic :) Do you have a baby pic too?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PS, I would LOVE a long hair but Rosa has long hair and I find I don't really have the time for all the grooming that needs to be done so we mostly keep her hair cut short. Maybe a long hair is in the cards for me when the kids get older and I have a bit more free time for brushing, or even when they are old enough to help me do it properly :)

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
no i got her at 4-5 months old sorry shes now with a show breeder doing very well so i last heard :) She was more or less yes lol they change a lot! Tulula was pure white now shes creamish lol Thats ok i thought it might help :)

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He will have to surprise me lol It will be an adventure to find out what he will look like hehehehe
The breeder is going to be sending me some pics every week so I can watch him growing :)
She is almost 2 hours away so its too long of a trip to make for a small visit lol

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Rico's sabling has moved a bit --the mark when he was most black with the sabling has shifted from the top of his head to just under the shoulders--as he grew. The white markings grew larger and over all I think he is lighter than he was as a wee babe. He had a brother who was all sable.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my lil guy does have a patch of white on his chest so he must be a tri too?
I think it would be kinda neat if he were to keep the black mask on is face.
I am still searching for a name lol I made a list today. I am stuck on Peanut though, BUT not everyone likes Peanut. Cujo is also another name that seems to be popular around my house lol. I will have to see. We did not have a serious name talk though, so we'll see lol I like Monkey too. My daughter has Curious George PJ's and the face reminds me of the puppy lol So thats where monkey comes from lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts