Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my baby was born on 26July, he is now 16 days old; his little eyes have not opened yet. is this normal? at what age do their eyes open up? :( :?:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Buffy's ears didn't open until she was a little over 3 weeks old. Don't be tooworried about it at this point. I'm sure they will open :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
LOL maybe because they're born with their ears closed to? (I just found that out and thought it was really interesting.)

Or maybe because you've caught our "crazy bug" that's going around. I know I have it... lots of others do too. :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the info. I never knew their ears were closed when they were born either; his opened up within 2-3 days(and boy are they GROWING). I never had puppies before so I'm really excited about him. It's almost like when I had my son, exciting/scary/nervous and happy all at once!

·
Registered
58 Posts
The average puppy's eyes open between 12 and 15 days of age ...The ear's open about 2 days later....Small breed dogs have a tendency to develop faster and ahve been known to open their eyes as early as 8 days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts