Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 5.5mth old chi puppy who is my first small dog so I’m not sure how much, how long and how often I should exercise him. My other dog is a standard poodle so with her making sure I didn’t over exercise her was crucial for her joints. I lived near a large dog park and open space then so I would take her there to exercise her at her own pace and only do short leash walks to teach leash manners. Now I don’t have that option and we leash walk but I don’t know how much is too much for Mr. Darcy. My other dog walks about 2 miles in the morning and another 2-3 miles in the evening and Darcy usually comes with on one of those walks. I try carrying him so he doesn’t over do it but he never seems to get tired or want to stop. I just want to make sure I’m not overdoing it on his small joints. But even after the walk once we get home he’s running zooming around my house like I didn’t walk him at all! Am I doing to much? He is fully vaccinated and I only started walking him within the last couple weeks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
walk her dailey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts