Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is okay if I ask here, since it's for Ziva (min pin) --> but we are still talking about another Chi so I need to research & learn for the chi puppy too....

I am wanting to switch her to raw asap, her gas alone is killing me, and I forgot how large/smelly stools are on kibble...P.U! Would a probiotic help with the gas?

Anyways how much should I be feeding her, I've been told she looks like she will be about 7-8# full grown. She is 10-11 weeks old (don't have her exact birthday yet). Should I feed 10% of her weight now? Which is 3.5# so 5.6oz per day? That seems like so much! I will be feeding her about 4 times a day for the first month or so, then down to 3, then 2 permanently once she's old enough. Do I need to crush the bones for her? Or just let her have them as is? Or is it see how she does first?

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
I feed them what they would get as an adult and add or decrease if necessanope bones don't need to be crushed both mine were babies wen they changed over and neither have had a problem they are way enthusiastic about their food

Who is ziva?? A foster?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ziva is our new Miniature Pinscher puppy we are adopting. She's about 11 weeks old and has taken to raw like a pro, she has no problems crunching through bones, had a cornish hen wing bone for lunch. She's doing amazing with them. It took her a while but she kept at it and ate right through it :)

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
So glad to hear that Ziva is doing so well!! She is sooooooo cute! We need more pics! :)

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K, so we got Ziva's paperwork today and she is 2x as old as they thought she was, she is 21 weeks old, almost 5 months (born May 7th) so do I need to continue feeding 4x a day or would 3x a day be okay?

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I'd go to 3 times a day since she's almost 5 months old.

Wow, she's gonna be a tiny one isn't she?! I think you are so lucky to have her. I think she's just a doll.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd go to 3 times a day since she's almost 5 months old.

Wow, she's gonna be a tiny one isn't she?! I think you are so lucky to have her. I think she's just a doll.
I know, my hubby is over the moon that she's older so is going to be smaller :) He wants to invent 'pocket' kitties that are about 3# full grown lol, he likes small animals. We are so in love with Ziva. Right now she's snuggling with Zoey.

·
Registered
912 Posts
lol! I would love a "pocket" kitty! :) I like the munchkin kitties, but at the same time, they just have short legs and normal bodies, so look kinda outa whack. haha!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol! I would love a "pocket" kitty! :) I like the munchkin kitties, but at the same time, they just have short legs and normal bodies, so look kinda outa whack. haha!
We have a kitten who is 7 months old now who is about 4# and pretty much full grown, Hubby just loves it! Then we have a 7#, 9#, 13# and 14# cat...he always gives me grief because I told him the 14# cat was going to stay small....he was a small kitten :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts