Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cookie just turned a year old and Lola is 5 months. They eat out of the same bowl and I was wondering if it is ok for Cookie to still eat puppy food since Lola is still too young for the adult food? I feed them the Eukanuba puppy food.

Also how do you go about only feeding Cookie twice a day when Lola still eats a couple of times a day? I have just always had food available but I don't want Cookie to be getting to much food. Is it ok to just keep the food available as long as he is not overweight and getting plenty of exercise?

Thanks Kari

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo has been eating puppy food ever since Bindi has been here. Personally I dont really see a difference, They love it more than the regular dry.

Kemo was woofing alot of food down when Bindi was on 3 meals a day and I had to cut it down to two. She could care less about eating alot, she is a light eater (unlike her mamma) :lol:

kemo also eats out of jealousy, as he had little food prior to her coming here. He is doing a little better lately. :?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I have heard that puppy food has more fat in it than regular dog food...as long as Cookie isn't overweight, I don't see a problem with continuing with puppy food!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Peanut is 9 months old and a couple of weeks ago I asked his Vet if it was ok if he starts eating Adut food (he likes it better) and his Vet said that there is only about a 3% difference in Protein with the two (if I remember correctly :lol: ). I think that there is only a major problem when a Senior Dog is eating Puppy food, other than that, I think it should be fine :wink:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
All my adults eat puppy food, I never switch them, and I have never had weight issues either :wink: (well I have but my dogs havent) :lol: :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts