Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an 11 week old Chihuahua pup who had her first injecton on tuesday within hours she began to fit and although now home from the vet she is still not right. She is eating very little and we are now syringing feeding a mixture of canine ad welpi and coled boiled water. I know some of you have lots of experience with sickly pups and wonder if you have any advise. Forgot to say when she was at the vets her Blood sugar level was only 0.9 but when they checked her yesterday it was back up to 6.3. I am in the uk by the way.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Awww, I'm very sorry to hear you are having such problems with your puppy.
Sounds like she had a hypoglycemic episode. It's very important to keep their blood sugar up. Here in the US we have a product called Nutracal that's a vitamin and mineral suppliment. We always recommend people have it on hand with new pups. I know there is something in the UK that's similar, but unfortunatly I don't know the name of it. Hopefully one of our members from the UK will know.
You can also use honey until you find out what it's called.
Good luck to you and your pup and let us know how she's doing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree!
Sorry to hear about your sick pup.

I'm no expert and have only had my pup a couple of days but the breeder suggested I give him natural youghurt (1 dessert spoon) and a little honey as one of his meals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts