Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I don't mean to hog the board but I might be getting a puppy and you guys seem to have the best information since you guys own chihuahua's. Just wondering how much should I expect to spend on a Chihuahua puppy? I know their not cheap, and I'm willing to pay the money but I don't want to get ripped off. How much did ya'll pay for your babies? Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
depends on where you get your dog from, and if they are AKC or not. buy from a reputable breeder, there are people here that can recommend good ones. you are definately doing the right thing by doing your research before you bring one home.

I'm not the best person to ask about this since all my dogs were rescued, but you will get some solid advice from others I know it!

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
My puppy was a Christmas gift from my children, but I picked her out and chose the breeder. The cost was $500., and that is with health certificate, etc. She has full AKC registration.

I'm not sure how important the registration really is unless you are planning to breed. The last two chis I had before Jasmine were rescues, and had no papers. It really is not an issue if you want just a pet.

I don't know what part of the country you are in. Let us know and I am sure someone on the board can refer you to a good breeder. Or you could contact your local kennel club or the AKC for a list of good breeders in your area

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
400 Posts
My pup is AKC registerd and is show quality. Both her parents were champions and has an amazing pedigree. Her cost is $1,500, but thats a high price for a chihuahua. You can find a good one for much less :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts