Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm watching Animal Planet and on Animal Cops Houston they've raided a puppy mill and it's full of Jack Russells and Chihuahua's cramped in small pet carriers :cry:
They all look cramped and sickly, there was one little brown and tan puppy pulled out from a carrier before the commercial break, and he was sooo weak looking. :(
(that puppy is the spitting image of Paris Hilton's Bambi)

WHY are people doing this?!! How can they live with themselves knowing they are hurting poor defenceless animals?!!
It's so infuriating.
And the cases of puppy mills are increasing here in the UK too :evil:

They should all be locked up together, see how they like it :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
I have seen that episode. Unfortunately, in that situation, I think it was more of a hoarding situation than it was a puppy mill, although it was both.

The saddest thing about hoarders is they believe they are doing the right thing. It's a mental illness, in my opinion, and I get angry that they do such things but, at the same time, I feel sorry for the hoarder because they're just doing what they think is right.

In the Washington DC area, there was an 82-year old woman, living with her husband and daughter, that had over 300 cats in her house. Over 200 of them were dead. She even took some to another location to avoid them being trapped by law enforcement. You can read about it at the pet-abuse.com website (http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/5025/). The site is down as I write this for maintenance but should be back up soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,286 Posts
i saw that! people are just mean to animals period! did you guys see the PETA video?!( http://www.petatv.com/ ) now that's sick! and it's sad that people do this to animals b/c they do nothing to us but try to live in a world that we change to fit our needs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
I can't watch Animal Precinct because it's just too upsetting. :(

But the people who operate puppy mills must not think of dogs as living beings with feelings and needs. I guess that's what they tell themselves to justify their actions. I'd like to round them all up and just put a bullet in each owner's head. Okay, I'd like to torture and mutilate them first but then I'd shoot them. :twisted:

As I've said numerous times, there is no shortage of cruelty in the world. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I can't watch Animal Precinct because it's just too upsetting. :(

But the people who operate puppy mills must not think of dogs as living beings with feelings and needs. I guess that's what they tell themselves to justify their actions. I'd like to round them all up and just put a bullet in each owner's head. Okay, I'd like to torture and mutilate them first but then I'd shoot them. :twisted:

As I've said numerous times, there is no shortage of cruelty in the world. :cry:
I agree 100%!

Leslie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
That situation in Houston was earlier in the year...

My daughter still worked as a Vet Paramedic for the SPCA when they took possession of all the Chi's and Jack Russell's. Most were adoptable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Oh my,that Iams: A Recipe for Cruelty video had me in tears,that one trying to wag his little tail even after all he has been through,this is so sad,some people have no heart :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
I only watch shows like Animal Cops to see the happy endings. It's unfortunate in so many different ways what people will do to living, breathing creatures but it's always good to see the animals taken out of those situations and transported to a place where they're safe, loved and can receive proper medical care if needed.

The shows have also helped me in my work at the shelters. When I see an abused animal, my immediate reaction is anger and I want to find the person responsible and beat them into the ground. I'm able to stop, remember that I'm there for the animal, not the human, and I can redirect all my anger and negativity towards the jerk (or jerkette) and turn it into something good by helping the animal.

It's rewarding when you can sit down with a dog that's been abused in one way or another and gain his trust, whether it takes 5 minutes or 5 months. Once you have it, it's a precious gift to you that means more than anything and, for the dog, it's the beginning of his healing process. I carry with me every day the trust of several dogs I have had the honor of gaining. Nothing feels better than that. Nothing at all.

And the postscript is the jerk or jerks that did whatever they did that created the situation of me and that dog in a room with a bag of hot dogs will never know that feeling. That's punishment enough in my eyes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
I only watch shows like Animal Cops to see the happy endings. It's unfortunate in so many different ways what people will do to living, breathing creatures but it's always good to see the animals taken out of those situations and transported to a place where they're safe, loved and can receive proper medical care if needed.

The shows have also helped me in my work at the shelters. When I see an abused animal, my immediate reaction is anger and I want to find the person responsible and beat them into the ground. I'm able to stop, remember that I'm there for the animal, not the human, and I can redirect all my anger and negativity towards the jerk (or jerkette) and turn it into something good by helping the animal.

It's rewarding when you can sit down with a dog that's been abused in one way or another and gain his trust, whether it takes 5 minutes or 5 months. Once you have it, it's a precious gift to you that means more than anything and, for the dog, it's the beginning of his healing process. I carry with me every day the trust of several dogs I have had the honor of gaining. Nothing feels better than that. Nothing at all.

And the postscript is the jerk or jerks that did whatever they did that created the situation of me and that dog in a room with a bag of hot dogs will never know that feeling. That's punishment enough in my eyes.
I like your way of thinking. I'm quite impressed (and I don't mean for that to sound patronizing). :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I like your way of thinking. I'm quite impressed (and I don't mean for that to sound patronizing). :)
When you have lemons, you can either make lemonade or squeeze the juice into someone's eye. Depending on the situation, I can go either way. :lol:

Plus, it wouldn't be helping Lily if all you did was try to find the jerk that did what he did to her - you may feel better but it wouldn't benefit her at all. Both of you feel better when you care for her instead.

Believe me, if I had one gun and unlimited amounts of ammunition, I'd be out on the streets right now ... I'd go to that guy's house where I found Oma first ... then, if I had any ammo left, I'd just start going door to door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
[quote="Cooper]

Believe me, if I had one gun and unlimited amounts of ammunition, I'd be out on the streets right now ... I'd go to that guy's house where I found Oma first ... then, if I had any ammo left, I'd just start going door to door.[/quote]

Remind me never to make you mad at me...... :lol: Just kidding - I think. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
Believe me, if I had one gun and unlimited amounts of ammunition, I'd be out on the streets right now ... I'd go to that guy's house where I found Oma first ... then, if I had any ammo left, I'd just start going door to door.
You're starting to scare the small children. :wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
Cooper said:
Believe me, if I had one gun and unlimited amounts of ammunition, I'd be out on the streets right now ... I'd go to that guy's house where I found Oma first ... then, if I had any ammo left, I'd just start going door to door.
You're starting to scare the small children. :wink:
Good, maybe that'll keep 'em out of my yard. Punks.

Nothing makes me madder than someone that hurts an animal, a child or an elderly person. Good thing I have medication. :evil:
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top