Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just doing some research, hoping to get in touch with Tyson's breeder and I just discovered that he came from a puppy mill. :( It's 6 years later now and he is healthy and more than I could had imagined a dog could ever be but I don't want to risk supporting a puppy mill ever again. Any recommendations for purchasing a Chi online but making sure I don't support a shady operation? I'm kind of hesitant now to go through with purchasing the Chihuahua I've already agreed to.

·
Administrator
11,989 Posts
Hmmmm, checking the Chihuahua Club of America site and contacting breeders that are a part of the club is a good start but still not fool proof. Going to dog shows and meeting breeders there and speaking with them is also helpful.. I would stay away from puppy sites and breeder's that breed more than 2 or 3 breeds. Remember that an elaborate site doesnt mean anything as some of the coolest and nicest sites have been busted as puppymills. Asking for references is helpful. Buying locally or within a distance where you can visit would be ideal. If you cant do so then ask if it is possible to fly down or drive down to view the kennel (even if you know you cant, ask anyways). If they make any kind of excuse or act as if it is a bother then run as that is a red flag. If they say that they want to make it easier on you and want to meet you half way, run as well. They should openly answer any question and not be offended. They should ask you lots of questions about yourself, family, lifestyle, other dogs, etc... I hope this helps :)

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i have no answers cause all puppies are beautiful but you can be fooled by any one selling anything anymore good luck with your search

1 - 3 of 3 Posts