Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are two puppies I have my eye on. The one from all the pictures is pretty far away. Close enough that I can pick her up but not close enough that I could go look before putting a deposit down. I think she's really cute but also a little odd looking. What do you all think? Do you think she will stay that colour? Will she retain the dark mask? The dog in the right hand corner is the mother. The puppies in the bottom left are about 20 miles away and hopefully I will be able to go see them tomorrow or the day after. The one in the middle is male, the other two are female. I particularly like the one on the le hand side. They're all a similar price. I don't think either are particularly experienced breeders but I'd be able to meet the ones of the two girls and the one with the brown girl seemed very nice. She was very helpful, answered loads of questions, sent pictures of the mother without me asking, sent loads of pictures of the girl, got back to me quickly and really seemed to genuinely care about all the puppies and knew all their temperaments well. They're registered with the dog lovers registry but I'm not actually sure what that is. She also has a 5 year old that they love playing with apparently and that's important to me because Mylo was brought up with kids and I think it really shows in his temperament and the fact that he gets so excited whenever he meets children now!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
I love the sable looking one! I really like her face and and snout. It's hard to say if she will keep her black mask though. The picture with the 3 pups is cute too but i personally like the muzzle of the sable better. Which do you prefer??

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If we're only judging looks then the one at the top is much much cuter. Out of the others, I do like the one of the left as well. Is it just me or do they look really big? It could just be the picture. I would definitely go look at the ones at the bottom and see what kind of feeling you have about them. A lot of dogs are much much cuter in real life. And then you could tell their temperament and it could make for a better fit in the long run.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
If I had to pick...I'd pick the top sable one. :) She probably will end up a fawn or red color. Usually they do not keep their masks but sometimes they do. This one doesn't look like she will because she already has some lighter color coming in there. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I was worried about. I love the ones with masks. I do think she has a cute little face though. I think she might end up red. I'm goin to go see the other ones but my preference is for the sable one at the moment. I thought they looked big but when you consider that they look a similar size to her hand I don't think they are that big but I guess I shall see! Her litter mates are all really gorgeous too, but unfortunately male (except for a female that the breeder is keeping)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Gosh they are all so cute I can't really pick just one!

Visiting them and learning there individual personalities should make the choice easier though. Let us know know it goes!

·
Premium Member
5,887 Posts
Oh wow, all gorgeous!! I love the white one too, let me guess male?? It looks like they have beautiful apple heads! In love......she's so so so perfect!!

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Omg! I love the first one! (the far away one). Beautiful little pup! Great coloring too! Ooooooooo i hope we get to watch him grow uo!!!:)

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
I much prefer the sable girl too, her whole litter are much nicer IMO. What colour are her parents? May help with the black mask thing. At that age Bambi was a clear fawn with a sharply defined mask, she got more sabled as she grew up.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Ah yes, I thought that was the mum of the other litter for some reason. So she is mask-less, it is possible the girl pup could turn out the same colour as her.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I also prefer the sable girl, myself. Her face just looks sweeter. Also, I'm definitely no expert, but the sable girl and her siblings all look much more "typey" than the other litter does.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Then go for it! She will definitely be somewhere between fawn and red, with some black sabling. Whether she will keep her mask and the precise amount of sabling is impossible to predict. Do you think she may be the one?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The top puppy is GORGEOUS! I don't think she looks odd at all. She reminds me a lot of Gemma as a baby. I bet she will lighten quite a bit in color but I believe she will keep her dark mask. I really think she is the most beautiful puppy you've shown us yet. Her head and muzzle are perfect. That whole litter is absolutely stunning.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know. I do really like her but I don't have a definite 'she's the one' feeling about it but it may just be because I can't go see her first and I'm frustrated by the process. I think I'll get in contact again tomorrow and ask for a pic of her dad and if there's any possibility of a little video, that might give me more of an idea about her.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts