Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roxy eats EVERYTHING off of the floor. I know she's a puppy... and she's so small, so her head is close to the ground. But it's really annoying. I've never ever ever had a dog that ate everything they could find off of the ground. She finds things that I don't even see! She loooooves tearing up paper too. How do I stop all of this/prevent this, etc?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't know but when you find out let me know... lol... Ozzy's the same way.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have a paper shredder...I swear I could vaccuum 7 times a day and somehow she still finds something to pick up and scrounge up. I have tried to catch her as she picks it up but she's like a little black rocket when she's playful. She also shreds her potty pads, I have no idea how she gets bored, she seems to have a million toys!!!!!

I hope someone chimes in with advice!

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
I've had 4 chi's and they all live to shred paper, and they tend to swallow anything that hits the floor, long before I can bend over to pick it up.

The paper shredding makes them happier than any toy I've found.

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
Another one,Lily would eat anything when she was a puppy had to rush her to the vets when she was small as she had eaten mud out of my pot plant,i then got a corrector so when she went to pick something up a quick blast,did the trick

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
Zoey was this way as a puppy as well. Everything went in her mouth and off she would go to shred it up. I just had to take extra care not to leave anything where she could get to it. The hard part was getting my daughter to pick up her stuff.

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Another one with chis that love to shred paper and hoover things off the floor. I have to be sure not to leave mail or kleenex on my desk when I leave the room or I will return to a white cloud over everything.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Gracie will get anything off the ground and eat it! We had a terrible time with her in the fall over the acorns.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Roxy eats EVERYTHING off of the floor. I know she's a puppy... and she's so small, so her head is close to the ground. But it's really annoying. I've never ever ever had a dog that ate everything they could find off of the ground. She finds things that I don't even see! She loooooves tearing up paper too. How do I stop all of this/prevent this, etc?

oh man so does my randy, and he's already one! its pretty annoying. his favorite thing to chew up is tissue! even from the roll, even ON the roll. lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Jax LOVES paper. I have to be so careful. I feel like I'm always cleaning up and fussing at the kids to pick up their school work. My best advice is prevention. So far, he hasn't gone to the bathrooms to eat the rolls...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hershey finds and eats everything on the floor inside the house. I'm glad she's not like that outside, but you're right. It is annoying.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Geeze!! It sounds like every one has this problem. Must be normal then! :rolleyes: I just don't want her ever finding something that will actually harm her. I know a little paper won't hurt her, but it's just annoying. Every time I turn around she's chomping on something. Thanks everyone for making me feel better that I'm not the only one over here with a paper eater!

I've had 4 chi's and they all live to shred paper, and they tend to swallow anything that hits the floor, long before I can bend over to pick it up.

The paper shredding makes them happier than any toy I've found.
YES! I agree. Roxy would pick shredding paper over her toys ANY day.

I also have a paper shredder...I swear I could vaccuum 7 times a day and somehow she still finds something to pick up and scrounge up. I have tried to catch her as she picks it up but she's like a little black rocket when she's playful. She also shreds her potty pads, I have no idea how she gets bored, she seems to have a million toys!!!!!

I hope someone chimes in with advice!
LOL! I swear I could vaccuum 7 times a day as well! It just does NOT do the trick. Definitely have a little speed demon over here as well. Even when I do get to her before she can run, she clamps her mouth shut as hard as she can so I have trouble fishing out whatever it is she has! What silly little things they are! But, have to love them, nonetheless! :love5:

Another one,Lily would eat anything when she was a puppy had to rush her to the vets when she was small as she had eaten mud out of my pot plant,i then got a corrector so when she went to pick something up a quick blast,did the trick
I may have to try this little blast trick you have up your sleeve Michelle. Do you just use water?

Another one with chis that love to shred paper and hoover things off the floor. I have to be sure not to leave mail or kleenex on my desk when I leave the room or I will return to a white cloud over everything.
I agree!!! Kleenex are the WORST! I can't leave those out of my site or at her level, EVER. I've definitely experienced the white cloud over everything as well, :foxes15: LOL. Totally the worst.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi good luck on finding this answer buster loves paper tissue is his favorite i dont correct him though he tears it up and has the best time i just try and pick up as i go and dont let it be in his reach hes real good at paper eating

1 - 13 of 13 Posts