Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had some nice weather today so the chis played in the garden for a while whilst I took some photos, now they're all exhausted and flat out asleep in their new bed which is better than the other one as this one has lots more space.

One question I have-
In your past experience how long roughly did it take for your chi to become fully housetrained? I can't remember how long exactly it took for millie but I don't remember it being so hard either. Although this is probably due to the fact there's 3 puppies under 14 weeks old. I am being patient and putting them outside everytime there's an accident and I don't do anything negatively when there's an accident I just give lots of positive praise when they do go outside.
Has anyone got any tips?

Some new photos-
My gorgeous millie, she turned 9 months old two days ago I'm looking forward to her first birthday :)

My little Darcy, she is 12 weeks old on Wednesday-

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My baby pixie, she is also 12 weeks on Wednesday-

The kiss monster AKA Gucci, is turning 14 weeks old on Tuesday-

I thought this one was cute cause she looks like she's smiling-

On her walk-

pups new bed-

All my grooming stuff was all over so I bought a great bag to keep everything in there's all different compartments so this will come in handy :)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Love every picture💕. Each pup has their own unique way about them. I love the Gucci smiling pic. Millie looks so pretty in her harness, collar and clothes. Happy 9 months pretty girl! It's amazing how fast they grow. All of the pups are so cute and tiny. I love how they are so close in age. Who's the tiniest of the 3?
As far as potty training, I have no experience training 3 pups at a time. So I can only imagine how hard it must be. It's got to be difficult to keep them all on point because you can't just focus your attention on one pup at a time. Had any of them not been started on potty training by the breeder? I'm sure the fact that you are trying to teach them outdoor potty makes it that much difficult ( because there are 3) whereas I'm used to using potty pads and litter box. Pad training really helped me with Ava. As she was already pad trained when I got her. So transitioning her to litter was very easy. I think if you are getting nowhere with the outdoor method. You should def put potty pads down in the house and in their crates til they are a bit older, then transition to outside. We have plenty of members on here that do both with success. You can continue taking them outside and using the pads whenever you can't keep an eye or when they are crated. Just a thought. This way if they are trained to use the pads in the house, you can prevent accidents, while at the same time taking them outdoors when you can.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Love every picture💕. Each pup has their own unique way about them. I love the Gucci smiling pic. Millie looks so pretty in her harness, collar and clothes. Happy 9 months pretty girl! It's amazing how fast they grow. All of the pups are so cute and tiny. I love how they are so close in age. Who's the tiniest of the 3?
As far as potty training, I have no experience training 3 pups at a time. So I can only imagine how hard it must be. It's got to be difficult to keep them all on point because you can't just focus your attention on one pup at a time. Had any of them not been started on potty training by the breeder? I'm sure the fact that you are trying to teach them outdoor potty makes it that much difficult ( because there are 3) whereas I'm used to using potty pads and litter box. Pad training really helped me with Ava. As she was already pad trained when I got her. So transitioning her to litter was very easy. I think if you are getting nowhere with the outdoor method. You should def put potty pads down in the house and in their crates til they are a bit older, then transition to outside. We have plenty of members on here that do both with success. You can continue taking them outside and using the pads whenever you can't keep an eye or when they are crated. Just a thought. This way if they are trained to use the pads in the house, you can prevent accidents, while at the same time taking them outdoors when you can.
You would love them meoshia they are such fun :) a handful but in a good way!
Millie is great for wearing clothes she really likes it, especially that Adidas hoodie it must keep her warm and cosy,
Pixie is the smallest, she still can't make the step to get back inside so she's always left behind when they rest of them run in bless her! Yeah that's a really good idea I did that with millie and so already have loads of puppy pads there's no harm in putting a few down. How's your gang at the moment? Also I've become obsessed with the inamorada brand you showed me Thankyou so much loved it! Did you order from the last DC sale? I'm just waiting for the next one at the moment and going to put in an order and hopefully my other one will arrive soon!

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
You would love them meoshia they are such fun :) a handful but in a good way!
Millie is great for wearing clothes she really likes it, especially that Adidas hoodie it must keep her warm and cosy,
Pixie is the smallest, she still can't make the step to get back inside so she's always left behind when they rest of them run in bless her! Yeah that's a really good idea I did that with millie and so already have loads of puppy pads there's no harm in putting a few down. How's your gang at the moment? Also I've become obsessed with the inamorada brand you showed me Thankyou so much loved it! Did you order from the last DC sale? I'm just waiting for the next one at the moment and going to put in an order and hopefully my other one will arrive soon!

Awe how cute, little Pixie will catch up soon. Yes I think you'll begin to see much improvement once the pads are down. I think it'll really make a difference at the moment since they are so young and tiny, and have to go more frequently. Are they behaved during feeding time or do they try get at one another's food?
I'm glad you love that brand. They really have such classy stuff. I found a few Louisdog things on one of the websites I sent you. They are older things that are sold out here. But I don't think they ship to the States. So that stinks. I did find an older Louisdog sweater on eBay and purchased it. Can't wait to get get it. I did order at the last sale. I ordered the new Louisdog. The new collection is so sweet! The next DC sale should be Halloween. Unless she does one before that.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You would love them meoshia they are such fun
a handful but in a good way!

Awe how cute, little Pixie will catch up soon. Yes I think you'll begin to see much improvement once the pads are down. I think it'll really make a difference at the moment since they are so young and tiny, and have to go more frequently. Are they behaved during feeding time or do they try get at one another's food?
I'm glad you love that brand. They really have such classy stuff. I found a few Louisdog things on one of the websites I sent you. They are older things that are sold out here. But I don't think they ship to the States. So that stinks. I did find an older Louisdog sweater on eBay and purchased it. Can't wait to get get it. I did order at the last sale. I ordered the new Louisdog. The new collection is so sweet! The next DC sale should be Halloween. Unless she does one before that.
I've just put a pad down now so hopefully I will see an improvement. they are really well behaved when feeding they don't fight over food or anything which is good because I was really worried about that.
I had a look through those websites there was some lush things! ooo what's the sweater like that you ordered?
I do love the new louisdog, some of the new collection is on my list for my next order. Hopefully she will have another sale before then but I don't mind waiting till Halloween if that's the next one :)

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I've just put a pad down now so hopefully I will see an improvement. they are really well behaved when feeding they don't fight over food or anything which is good because I was really worried about that.
I had a look through those websites there was some lush things! ooo what's the sweater like that you ordered?
I do love the new louisdog, some of the new collection is on my list for my next order. Hopefully she will have another sale before then but I don't mind waiting till Halloween if that's the next one :)

Here's the sweater I ordered

I used to never by Louisdog because the sizing is very confusing. So I missed out on a lot of their older things. Fortunately I did purchase a good share of their older things this past year. Seems there is a lot available in the UK. Probably because that's where LD started.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Awwwwww mega cute!!!! They're growing up beautifully :)!!!!

I LOVE your grooming bag, its lovely and so organised! I'm a total headcase all my stuff is everywhere I really need to get some cool storage containers. Way too disorganised for my own liking. I'm glad to hear they're coming on great, you'll be so proud of your babies!!! And be proud of yourself for raising a great bunch of pups. X

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I do love the new louisdog, some of the new collection is on my list for my next order. Hopefully she will have another sale before then but I don't mind waiting till Halloween if that's the next one

I used to never by Louisdog because the sizing is very confusing. So I missed out on a lot of their older things. Fortunately I did purchase a good share of their older things this past year. Seems there is a lot available in the UK. Probably because that's where LD started.
I really like that sweater, what size did you go for? I actually struggle to find majority in the UK unfortunately:( I'm always saying to Curtis 'why can't we live in America' I cannot get over that doggy boutique you posted photos of a while back. I would love to visit :)

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awwwwww mega cute!!!! They're growing up beautifully
!!!!

I LOVE your grooming bag, its lovely and so organised! I'm a total headcase all my stuff is everywhere I really need to get some cool storage containers. Way too disorganised for my own liking. I'm glad to hear they're coming on great, you'll be so proud of your babies!!! And be proud of yourself for raising a great bunch of pups. X
Thankyou sweetie, we have had a nice day. I love it when we can sit in the garden whilst the chis sunbathe.
I think it's actually a hairdressing bag but I thought it would do the job. I keep having to buy more decorative storage cases/boxes because my collection just keeps growing. I would love a wardrobe for all the doggie clothes in the future.
I am a proud chi mama hehe I love them to bits! Forgot to mention on my last comment to you, the dog grooming course you are starting how long does it last?x

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thankyou sweetie, we have had a nice day. I love it when we can sit in the garden whilst the chis sunbathe.
I think it's actually a hairdressing bag but I thought it would do the job. I keep having to buy more decorative storage cases/boxes because my collection just keeps growing. I would love a wardrobe for all the doggie clothes in the future.
I am a proud chi mama hehe I love them to bits! Forgot to mention on my last comment to you, the dog grooming course you are starting how long does it last?x
I'm phoning up scotgroom tomorrow which is the grooming school here, the 24 day one covers basically everything and you get your qualification which is fab! Its 3100 for that one, they also offer a 2 week one for 2000 and a 1 day taster course for 100! I think ill do the taster course just to see how I feel then I'll book my 24 day one and hopefully get myself into a grooming parlour! X

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm
I'm phoning up scotgroom tomorrow which is the grooming school here, the 24 day one covers basically everything and you get your qualification which is fab! Its 3100 for that one, they also offer a 2 week one for 2000 and a 1 day taster course for 100! I think ill do the taster course just to see how I feel then I'll book my 24 day one and hopefully get myself into a grooming parlour! X
That would be great Caitlin, it's good how it's a fast track. It took two years to complete the beauty course I studied I thought I was never going to finish it! It would be super handy for you if you got the qualification. Pablo and neeva would look perfect all the time

Did you watch the fight last night?x

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and warn that you should not put puppy pads in your puppies crate... It will teach them that it's ok and even a good thing to use your "den" as your toilet. Just like with small pups you never want to use crates big enough that they can use one side as a bathroom and the other as a bed, it can set them up for massive issues. I definitely use puppy pads myself, in an area/pen that is plenty large enough for pads, food and water, and a bed and toys... I just learned the hard way years and years ago about putting them directly in the crate though... what a disaster to have to clean the dog every time you leave them in their crate for awhile!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and warn that you should not put puppy pads in your puppies crate... It will teach them that it's ok and even a good thing to use your "den" as your toilet. Just like with small pups you never want to use crates big enough that they can use one side as a bathroom and the other as a bed, it can set them up for massive issues. I definitely use puppy pads myself, in an area/pen that is plenty large enough for pads, food and water, and a bed and toys... I just learned the hard way years and years ago about putting them directly in the crate though... what a disaster to have to clean the dog every time you leave them in their crate for awhile!
They aren't in the crate just on the floor near the bed. I have them in the kitchen so there's a big space for them, they have the bed at one side with food and water and a puppy pad at the opposite side of the room. I haven't got them in their crates at the moment they are all sleeping together on their new bed all cuddled up
Thankyou for the advice though Hun :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
I love the Charlottes dress harness and collar on Millie . they are so pretty !! and I love the pics of Darcy, Pixie, and Gucci. ( love them all but I think Pixie is my favorite :) ) .

It took Tootsie quite a long time to get house trained. I cant remember exactly how long though.

Ellie I think was already familiar with the puppy pads when i got her. her breeder must of been using them. she trained very quickly.

the winters are so bad here that a lot of times its impossible for them to go out , so, i have mine trained to feel comfy going outside or inside on the pads.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts

Meoshia, i saw that LD top on ebay ! i was afraid to order the size Small cause i think it would of been too big on Ellie and too small on Minnie. but, i did order the cashmere sweater for Ellie from that same seller in XS for Ellie. i have had my eye on it from the LD site for so long but even with the DC 40% off sale, was so expensive. i got a bargain on this one :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love the Charlottes dress harness and collar on Millie . they are so pretty !! and I love the pics of Darcy, Pixie, and Gucci. ( love them all but I think Pixie is my favorite
) .

It took Tootsie quite a long time to get house trained. I cant remember exactly how long though.

Ellie I think was already familiar with the puppy pads when i got her. her breeder must of been using them. she trained very quickly.

the winters are so bad here that a lot of times its impossible for them to go out , so, i have mine trained to feel comfy going outside or inside on the pads.
Thankyou the charlottes dress is another favourite, I ordered some more collars from this brand I really like it. I have found a lot of people say pixie is their favourite I think it's because it's not that often you see a solid black.
that's good to know about tootsie and Ellie.
I am dreading our winter this year although ecstatic for Christmas!
Also I saw that you found an LD seller on eBay- what's the sellers eBay name?
I'd like to have a look and see if she ships to UK :)

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Thankyou the charlottes dress is another favourite, I ordered some more collars from this brand I really like it. I have found a lot of people say pixie is their favourite I think it's because it's not that often you see a solid black.
that's good to know about tootsie and Ellie.
I am dreading our winter this year although ecstatic for Christmas!
Also I saw that you found an LD seller on eBay- what's the sellers eBay name?
I'd like to have a look and see if she ships to UK :)
this is the sellers post for the cashmere sweater i bought for Ellie only in size Large. she doesn't have too much else listed... i think i bought the only size XS she had and i think Meoshia bought the only size S she had listed ...

Louis Dog Cashmere Hoodie Sweater in Beige New | eBay

1 - 20 of 30 Posts