Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a fix for this? She's 12 weeks and she'll occassionally stop and start muzzling in the lawn. Then shel pull up grass by the roots until I stop her.
I've heard that dogs can actually hear grubs in the ground. Could this be the problem.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
My boy digs up & eats the grass , he also eats and rolls on bugs :roll: :shock: .. I think he can hear them as he stands with his head to one side like he is listening for them .. then comes inside and cleans his face by rolling around my sofa :shock:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If anyone has a fix I would pay them for it! LOL

Gizmo LOVES to pull up my grass by the roots...he'll stick his nose in the ground and go around and around (twisting his body while his nose is still in place in the ground) and he'll pull out either a worm, or a grass root, or something creppy crawly...he loves lizard carcasses, especially if their decomposing.. :shock: loves to roll around in my planters soil...pounce on grasshoppers....

yup...I never knew chihuahuas were such hunters and gatherers...LOL :D :D

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Cooper has never done that but my sister's doxie would run out onto the golf course behind my parents' house and try to pull up every single blade of grass on the 11th tee. He'd get one, roots and all, and run up to the patio, hand it to whoever was there then run back to get the next.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts