Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dixie will be 3 months old Sunday. When will she lose her puppy teeth? She's growing so fast and is about 5lbs now. Seems the bigger she gets the sharper those little teeth get.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
My girls are 6 and 7 months and still have a few left. All loose, but some still left. I hope it will be in the next month or so. Others here may have those who lost all of theirs sooner or even later than us.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Incisors and pre-molars should go between 5-6 months...canines can take a bit longer, 7-8 months. You should have your vet pull any retained baby teeth at time of spay.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
You should have your vet pull any retained baby teeth at time of spay.
If they will! Grrr. Told me on the phone once they were off the gas that he would not. The only ones remaining were loose and the baby teeth coming in were not in enough and he wanted them in for alignment.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is the typical puppy teeth schedule

3 Months: Puppy Incisors begin to fall out
4 Months: Adult Canines and Molars start to come in
6 to 7 Months: Adult Molars Come In
7 to 8 Months: Full Adult Teeth

I have found that chihuahuas lag behind in loosing their teeth. I suspect its just because some of their teeth are so tiny! When I work at an animal hospital chihuahuas who came into to get spayed often got their deciduous baby teeth pulled at the same time.

Mia lost all but one tooth before she was 6 months and they just pulled it when she got spayed.

Lily (she has a huge over bite) lost NONE of her baby teeth. She has two sets of teeth which require constant brushing. Eventually she is going to need dental work. As of now she has very little tatar build up and her mouth isnt crowded at all.

I can not wait for Laci's baby teeth to fall out! They hurt like the dickens. She is 14 weeks old now and I can see her adult canines poking through but her baby teeth are still very much attached.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Isabelle is 6 months old today and still has a few loose teeth. I was really hoping to find some on the carpet so I could keep them but she must be swallowing them :-(
I'm REALLY hoping her ears stand after she stops teething, only 1 was up before this started to happen.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isabelle is 6 months old today and still has a few loose teeth. I was really hoping to find some on the carpet so I could keep them but she must be swallowing them :-(
I'm REALLY hoping her ears stand after she stops teething, only 1 was up before this started to happen.
Dixie is 13 weeks today and no signs of losing baby teeth. Her ears have been up since she turned 8 weeks. I know they are suppose to, but she was so cute when they were droopy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
They are cute droppy I agree, although I really want them to go up as it's my fave things about Chi's!! Would love her the same up or down though x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts