Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Nemo is almost 15 weeks and weighs in at a tiny 1 1/2 pounds is this normal I just want to check so I can stop worrying, :) btw he wasn't purchanced as teacup or anyything we dont have that in the uk.

Thank you eveyone for the great welcome we recieved when I posted pictures of my little chi.

Sarah

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
i consider that tiny but not extreme .......it's still a healthy weight !!
my paris was that weight too :D
she's now 5 months and weighs 2 pounds :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
With my chihuahua puppies at birth I had 2 5ozs and 1 6oz and 1 4oz at adult the 2 5ozs weighted in at 4 and half lbs and the 6 oz weight in at 5lbs and the 4oz was 1lb and half at adult.

I would have to say a normal sized chihuahua should weight around 5ozs at birth

by 6 weeks should be atleast up to a pound or a little more.

Small chihuahua puppies have alot of problems such as low blood sugar asthma ect... Thats why the smaller they are the longer they should stay on momma I think ALL puppies should be on mom up to 8 weeks. For smaller I suggest a little longer then 8 weeks.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Jasmine weighed 2 lbs.1oz. at 13 wks., so he is small but I wouldn't think small enough to cause you concern. He will probably be on the small end of the scale when he is grown. However, if he is healthy and has a good appetite he should be fine.

We don't have "teacups" here in the states either. Some breeders call the tiny pups that so they can charge more for them. Since so many celebreties have these "teacups" now, they have become a fashion accesory here.

Welcome-glad you joined us. :wave:

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thankyou everyone wow I feel relieved, I wasn't sure if he was growing properly and I know small pups can have problems but in Nemo's eyes he's a "big" dog lol he wants to play with every dog he meets whatever it's size the little guy is fearless but still crys if he cant have regular cuddles from his mummy so a softie at heart :eek:)

Sarah

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
chiwi is now 16 weeks and weighs in at 1 pound 10 1/2 ounces. she is on the smaller side of the weight class and has been since birth. when i got her at 13 weeks she was 1pound 6 1/2 ounces so in this month alone she gained 4 ounces.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts