Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week has been a bit out of whack for us -- first we had quite a few visitors for the holiday, 2nd, because we haven't worked this week, we've stayed up later and later every night.

Well around 10, which is when we usually go to bed, Oakley has been going upstairs and just laying by our bedroom door and crying until one of us lets her in so she can go lay down in her crate. It's really a little weird. At first I was worried she might be sick but she's been eating well and acting normally, she just doesn't seem to like that we're staying up later and rather than sleep somewhere down in the family room, she puts herself to bed her in crate. I tried to bring her down 2 or 3 times but gave up, she just kept going upstairs and laying by our door until we let her in to sleep again. Funny little thing she is ;)

Does anyone else's chis have routine like this or is Oakley just weird?

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Hehe Oakley is so cute. I think most dogs just really like their routines. I think that's pretty common behavior actually. Pip and Roo wouldn't do that though, they're pretty much my shadow and will stay where I am. I go to bed really late on the weekend, sometimes after 4 am, and they will stay with me wherever I am in the house until I go to bed. When I do go to bed, if I get up in the middle of the night, for even just a minute, Pip will even get up with me and sit and wait for me to go back to bed before he does too. lol. He is very funny like that. Roo at least will stay comfy in bed at that point, unless I stay away for a bit, but not Pip. I think girls tend to be a little more independent too. Oakley is a big girl. ;)

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hehe Oakley is so cute. I think most dogs just really like their routines. I think that's pretty common behavior actually. Pip and Roo wouldn't do that though, they're pretty much my shadow and will stay where I am. I go to bed really late on the weekend, sometimes after 4 am, and they will stay with me wherever I am in the house until I go to bed. When I do go to bed, if I get up in the middle of the night, for even just a minute, Pip will even get up with me and sit and wait for me to go back to bed before he does too. lol. He is very funny like that. Roo at least will stay comfy in bed at that point, unless I stay away for a bit, but not Pip. I think girls tend to be a little more independent too. Oakley is a big girl. ;)

Hehe she totally is my big girl. I just worry shes not feeling well or something if she goes to bed like that on her own. But I've gone up to check on her a few times and she's just conked out sleeping.

I guess they do like their routines.

Both my boys are like Pip -- up and about and WHEREVER I am. But not Oakley...lol. She does her own thing. She loves me, I know that, but lol, guess she loves her routine, too.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Awww Oakley nope mine don't do that they just zone out wherever I am!! But lotus is doing my heading and getting me up between 4 and 5 for the loo I could kill her I'm so tired I think I might try ignoring her and forcing her for just an hour! 6 is an earthly hour 4 in the frost isn't!!!!

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
If I stay up later then normal, I have noticed that Honey will sit on front of her Pan, and just stare. if I dont put her in there she will hop up on the lounge.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Mine don't have routines persay as on the weekends our schedule gets completely messed up as hubby works graveyards so I stay up all night with him, then we sleep during the day.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Mine don't have routines no, but my moms Lab and Shepard do - they're in bed before she is and conked out which sometimes proves difficult for her to get in because she insists on sharing her bed with them.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Maxie (and Marley at times) will put himself to bed. I always take him out of his crate & put him out to potty & then he'll go right back in but I've noticed lately he'll even go out to potty himself & THEN go in his crate. LOL

Some like their routines better than others I guess. :lol:

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Brody puts himself to bed almost every night. He likes to go to bed at 9pm and will go get in his bed and burrow in and good luck getting him back out again. ha. Oakley likes her routine! :)

·
Registered
787 Posts
We had a couple IG fosters that came in together, and the female was all about her routine. At 10pm, she would walk up to you and bark and bark until you walked her to her crate, put her in and shut the door. Bedtime is bedtime!

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Our bedtime is 9 and sometimes my hubby & I stay up til 10, but Midgie will head up to bed at 9. She gets to the top of the stairs before she goes into the bedroom, turns around and looks down at me as if to say "Are you coming?" and then she goes to bed. It's so funny, but they're just like kids that if you get them used to a routine, they demand to keep that routine.
The only routine I need to break her out of is getting me up at 5:30. Ever since I've gave birth to my girls, I've always got up early between 5-6 am, but now with the Holidays, I've been wanting to sleep a little longer, but Midgie won't let me. I have to get up so we don't wake my hubby. They're funny!!!
She also let's me know when it's supper time. She demands to be fed between 3-4 pm every day. She'll jump up in my face licking and kissing me til I get up and get her THK.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
All of mine are ready for bed at their bed times. No matter what is going on, when it is snooze time, they are ready to conk out. :lol:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
We have a ritual with our two, and if we get off 'schedule', they are quick to let us know. Pedro will stand beside me and whine, throwing his head back towards the stairs when I look at him like he's saying "Come on, mom, it's time to gather all of the toys and go to bed." Gracie will just crawl up in my lap and conk right out at bedtime. (Both sleep with us!)

9 p.m. is our usual time to retire to the bedroom - we watch tv and usually toss a few toys for Pedro to retrieve, and then get up and take them out one last time after the news and go to bed. Gracie plays with Pedro but won't jump down out of the bed because she can't get back up in it without assistance. Once we go out for that last walk / potty, she goes straight under the covers, and Pedro curls up as close to one of us as he can get. If we move during the night, he growls just to let us know we're disturbing his sleep!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Bizkit puts himself in bed every night; sometimes quite early. I think that's because there's a heating pad in his bed and he absolutely LOVES it! The girls are usually on my lap (asleep a lot of the time) at bedtime (usually 10:00 pm). All I have to do is turn off the TV and they wake up and jump off my lap, ready to go to the bedroom. However, they don't go until I do. They sleep with me.
Sounds like when Oakley is ready for bed, she's ready for bed. :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yep - Pip puts herself to bed around 11.30pm, either in my bed or on one of the beds in the front room, depending on where I am!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Does anyone else's chis have routine like this or is Oakley just weird?
All of mine put themselves to bed at 10:30. They've always done it. I think it's super cute and funny!

They'll just get up, go in our room, get under the covers and go to bed. So, she's probably not sick, just used to the routine.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well at least mine's not a nutter then ;) It makes me sad she doesn't want to snuggle w me downstairs but cute that she knows where her bed is.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Mine just sleeps when and where he wants to lol, if he feels like staying up with me he will if not he will sleep some where close by and as soon as I get up to go to the bedroom he follows me and goes to his bed. If I stay up really late he will be all tired the next day and sleep most of the day even if I call him he will stay put and not move almost like he trying to prove something for keeping him up late!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts