Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find on a morning when I enter the front room that there is a strong doggy smell. I open windows put on my scented candle and spray some frebreeze.

I was told about "Cooks Candle" seemingly it is in a tin and gets rid of even the strongest odours but itself does not give off any scent.

I am keen to try this as I admit I don't like the doggy smell.

Has anyone tried these? If so what did you make of them?

Cheers

Deme x

·
Registered
602 Posts
We have one of those airmatic deoderisors in the 2 rooms where Fiddle mainly is, i find it helps quite alot, along with the regular clean

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The cooks candles worked ok, but ive found the Frebreeze(sp?) candles are even better in my opinion!

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the frebreeze spray and while it smells great at first it don't last long maybe 10-15min, so for a quick fix its okay, I've never tried the candles, didn't know they did candles.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I'm not sure how feasible it is to you, but Salt City Candle Co. makes what I consider to be the BEST candle. They're big, they last a long time and some of them don't even have to be lit to smell up the area. I like the febreeze candles, they smell nice but they don't last near as long and i'm a candle junkie there is nearly always one burning in my house somewhere.

I have to order them here in Texas so I usually ask a few friends if they want one ordered and get a couple myself as they're somewhat pricey, the shipping is a killer on just one. But if you come across one try it!

My favs include Baked Apple, Sugarcookie, and Mulberry, very yummy scents!

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Dawn could you change their food?? The food is general what causes the dog smell!! I have a super sensitive smell and mine don't smell at all they smell sweet.

Anyway get a plug in (they're on offer in tesco ATM) and a candle to match they do febreeze candles there! Also you could get a tart burner and some Yankee candle tarts they are super concentrated and will make your whole house smell I use them after cooking coz I hate the smell

·
Premium Member
12,272 Posts
I found the best thing ever, Johnsons dog deodorant spray,spray it on and it lasts for days,even my vet commented on the nice smell,when i take the dogs in.All pet shops sell it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts