Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if this is a big graphic but i just wanted to know if anything is wrong with dexter's anal glands?:pottytrain4: he got them done about a month or so ago after that he started limping and it showed for a couple days and the limping got better. now he "skips" i hear one nail tapping on the floor whenever he walks. for the past 3 days now hes been scooting again once in a while but licking his area like crazy... :scratch:

so here's a pic. this took me forever to get a clear shot of....its not easy to lift a dog's tail up while taking a pic without him nibblin on u :crybaby:

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi i dont know by looking my buster has been licking his so much lately also let us know what you find out thanks

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I don't see any specific swelling but he's hairy so it's hard to tell. He does look a little red and irritated. I'd probably have him checked just to be sure. Make sure that his BM's are hard and firm, that's what squeezes the glands and causes them to empty. If he's loose, they aren't going to empty all the way and that's what can cause a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts