Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bella just got her final booster today from the kennel. The vet didn't say anything about what to expect after the shot. Bella is acting a little wierd--she is limping and looks like she can't get comfortable when she lays down. Is it normal for her to have tenderness in the area where she got the shot? What else should I look out for?

·
Registered
450 Posts
What shot did she get? Rabies?? I know Rabies shots will leave them a little sore and they might be sleepy after getting that one. Other shots will be tender as well, just think of when you have to get one... It would hurt you to lay on the spot too. Just watch and make sure there is no swelling, or a large lump developing. If you pup is eating and drinking, I suspect they are ok.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Cody was like that when he got his Rabies shot. It got really bad though. After about 3 hours he could not move at all. I could not pick him up without him crying out and he would cry out just trying to get comfortable in his bed. :cry: I called the vet and they gave me some pain med. for him. They said I could also give him 1/4 of a baby aspirin.

I hope your baby feels better soon!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Awww, poor Bella :( . My 4 month old Trixie got her Rabies and DHLP vaccine 8 hours ago and has not had a reaction. On the other hand Pablo
(18 mos), is bed ridden for a whole day after her Rabies vaccine. I was afraid Trixie would have a reaction like Pablo because they have the same parents. Luckily she didn't. I'm sure Bella will feel better soon. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
My baby Callie has to have her rabies shot next week. I just hate those things! :evil: I hope she doesn't have a reaction like Cody did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts