Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy didn't come from a breeder. I think I kinda rescued her from a family who has too many animals. Anyway, I am just curious, how much does a Puppy cost when you buy from a breeder? I also have to get puppy to the vet because they did not. I hate that she came to me with fleas, and possible worms since she isn't dewormed. And I paid for her, but I really wanted her. And feel better knowing she is with me.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Sorry, can't help you, the only one I got from a breeder was Billy and I got him for $75. (She was going out of business). The rest were all rescues. Thank you for rescuing your Ruby, she is so adorable. A lot of mine came with fleas and ticks and worms. Once you get her in she will be fine.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, just wanted to add, the people I got her from are super nice people and have a huge heart for animals, but they totally just have too many :)

·
Registered
6,266 Posts
There isn't a fixed price for this, it depends on every breeder. For example here in the UK There are "breeders" i.e. pet owners (not always though, before that kicks anything off) i've seen with adverts for Teacups like £1500-£2500. But usually prices range from £400-£900.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no idea how to convert that to US dollars...lol I was just curious if there was an average...I know it may very between breeders or for rarer colors or whatever...

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The ones I'm looking at here in California run from $400 to $2500 for show quality. For pet quality, it's mostly about $400 to $600. They do charge more for the tiny ones, about $1,500 to $2,000. There really isn't any rare colors, chis came in all colors so they are available in all colors.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Daisy cost me £700, which I just converted into about 1060 US dollars.

I've seen one claiming to be a teacup chihuahua for £3500 though, which is over 5200 US dollars.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Well, once again, I agree with Pam.
Around here (Midwest US), pet quality, purebred chis with Limited AKC registration are $500-$1,000. Show or breed quality dogs with Full AKC registration are more like $1,200-$3,500.
That said, my best breeder (LOTS of experience, award winning show dogs) does have some pet quality dogs available for over $1,000 from time to time. The closer to breed standard, the more expensive the dog.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
In my area (Texas) anywhere from $300 to 5,000.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Ruby is really, really cute! :D

In my area, chihuahuas are generally $400+... of course, there are plenty of bad breeders who will charge $3000 for "teacups." But, for a chihuahua from a reputable breeder is generally at least $400 and up.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts