Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 10 week old chi Tank was dewormed a week ago yesterday. How often does he need to be dewormed? Is it something I can buy over the counter or does it have to be thru the vet? He's rarely ever outside and never on the ground. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
you can get dogminth at the pharmacy , best is to deworm your dogs at least 1 time a year and repeat it after a week, to avoide reinfection or eggs that came out :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so now that Tank has been dewormed at 10 weeks, he doesn't need it for another year now? If he needs it again then I'll get it done by the vet when he goes in for his next set of shots in a couple more weeks.

·
Registered
8,578 Posts
if they are puppy's i would repeat it in a few months ...or maybe when you go to the vet in a few weeks , take a fecal sample with you , so the vet can check if there are worms :wave:

kisses nat

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Most of the stuff you buy over the counter here in the US does NOT work!

You really should take him to the vet along with a stool sample. They can check the stool sample to see if there are any worms present.

Most vets ask you to bring in a sample when you take your pup in for its puppy shots. Have you taken him in yet? It is also recommended that you take him to your vet for a check up within 48 hours of purchasing a pup for a health check. Any concerns or questions can be asked then also.

You didn't say when you got your pup, have you taken him to the vet yet?

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
you can buy dewormers and stuff like panacur, albon ect that the vets use for what the vet pays. the site i love (also for vaccines) i think it's revivalanimalhealth.com i wouldn't use the ones in say petsmart or other pet stores cause they don't really work...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts