Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,615 Posts
Hi there! I have been breeding for 15 yrs and Yes it does exclude them from breeding. You never want to breed if they have any genetic default. IE.... under or over shot bite, lauxcating patella, floppy ears, etc....

I have a beautiful little boy Scooby I was going to use as a stud however discovered that he has a undershot bite and now cannot breed him. You want to always breed to enhance the quality of the Chihuahua. If your bitch has a longer head, you will want to breed her to a nice Cobby (apple head) male. You always try to exceed the quality of the stud to the faults of your bitch. Makes for beautiful puppies.

· Registered
1,615 Posts
Yeppers,

Breed to a male that has stronger points than the female. So Jess if she has a dear head, then breed her to a really nice cobby (applehead) and she should produce a nice litter, with some really strong cobby heads and some in between and some that are the dear head. Then you keep a nice cobby from that litter and breed it to a nice cobby and Viola! :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.