Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading LittleLuxie's post on the Stella &Chewy's Freeze Dried patties. It got me thinking it might help me with my picky eater, My Shichon (Zuchon) Daisy is a very picky eater. She won't eat any dry food unless I put a little wet food on it. Even then she'll only eat half of what I give her. Then a few days later she loses interest and won't eat again. If I gave her only dry food (which I prefer to do) she could go days without eating. I'm switching her to Fromm's dry food but wanted something to go on it so she'll eat it. So I just ordered some Stella & Chewy freeze dried patties I plan on sprinkling some on top. My question is how much I should give her as a topper to her dry food? I don't know how big each of the patties are. I'm hoping maybe a 1/4-1/2 a patty per meal would do. I serve Daisy 1/2 cup dry food 2x/day (but she rarely eats all) if that helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know that Zorana tops with S&C. Hopefully she'll chime in. I was just going to ask if you add water to the kibble?
Thank you for the reply. I don't add water right now. But I probably will with the S&C. Hmmm...do you think if I add water to the dry food Daisy might eat it? I never considered that.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I find that it entices Odie to eat. It also aids with digestion and boosts the moisture content.
I never really thought of doing that. She's always been a picky eater ever since I brought her home 2 years ago. I'll try adding the water to see if that helps. Thanks for the great idea!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts