Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and so far this forum is so nice. I have gotten a lot of info already but I have lots of questions lol. I was just wondering, do any of you keep a harness on your chi all the time and is there any danger in doing so? We have just started noticing the hair being worn away, but he is so difficult taking the harness on and off if we go out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Kemo's harness stayed on when I first got him cause it was a pain to put on and off for potty but now if its just potty I just attatch it to his collar, since its a quick trip, all other outings he gets the harness.

Maybe you can loosed the harness a bit so it isnt rubbing?

·
Registered
273 Posts
MommyofLola said:
Have you thought of a fabric vest harness instead? It is a little more gentle on their little hairs I have found.
Here's something like it-
http://www.barkindogclothes.com/barkindogclothesmisc.html

I have ordered many things from this website, so you can trust it. Just scroll down a bit. It's a nice black one. Maybe that'll help cuz you can probably have him wear it all the time. I was thinking about getting one for my chi once she's full grown.

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Gadgets harness had to be put on and taken off of over his head... I took it and put a clip on it and now he loves putting it on.. I usually put it on him in the morning and take it off of him at night.. some days when we don't go out early i won't put it on him until we go out...

now that he is used to it going on and off he doesn't get that mad any more....

and I also have the vest style for him...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks MsStephanie

I ordered the black one. Thanks for the advice. Hopefully Miz will like it but if not, it wasn't that expensive. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Zeus gets a harness when we go out, but when he's home, he has a loose collar with an id tag on it in case he gets out of the house. I thought a regular harness wouldn't be very comfortable to wear all the time so when he sees his harness he knows he's going out for a bit. :)

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Ritz and Sadie have harnesses made out of breathable mesh with a neoprene border that is flexible. No chafing, comfortable, and good support. It's made by Puppia Toyo: Here's a link!

http://www.hotdog.com.sg/products_list.asp?ID=503

It's the first one on the site.

Also, if you have a rough time getting the harness on your dog, try the ones that have 2 clasps instead of just the 1 under the belly. I'm well coordinated and I often have a tough time getting the 1 buckle ones on my dogs even if they sit still. The other one allows you just to buckle around the neck, then around the belly.

Good luck! -Nate

1 - 9 of 9 Posts