Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apple is due for her 3rd set of shots so i already have plans of bringing this to the vets attention.....but every once in a while apple seems to have these quick spurts of almost hyperventalating....thats the only way i can describe it...just randomly....and not often...but enough for me to notice. she just breathes a few really deep loud breaths and then is fine again??? anyone ever experienced this???

aswell only when she is REEEALLLY excited to see someone she lets out a few drops of pee.......i know this isnt out of the norm but wondering if its somthing most chis grow out of...apple is not overly submissive and has the most amazing temperment ive looked into getting her little doggy undies for when company comes over or i take her to someones home...and cutting out a little panty liner in it ahahahaha im hoping that she grows out of it cause im not a huge fan of doggy diapers lol

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
My last dog Tess used to do that, my vet said that her wind pipe was to small.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
does she make the breathing sound when she is excited ?

with the weeing when excited most dogs tend to outgrow it so i wouldn't be to worried :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
she did it once when my cousins puggle was playing too rough with her and i had to quickly remove her fromm them playing....and then she did it the other night when she was sleeping on me while i was laying on the couch and she did it a few times when she woke up.....those are the only times i can speicifically remember. i was a bit worried cause when i first got her she had a tiny plastic lego peice in her mouth and i started to panic and when i tried to get it out of her mouth i accidently pushed it further, and i was worried that i had scratched her throat a bit. ill get my vet to check her throat when i take her.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
it sounds like she may be reverse sneezing , i think there is a few video clips on youtube that you could look at and maybe compare

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Baby-love is almost 5 and she still pees with excitement the vet said shed grow out of it but hasn't lol we just don't talk to her for 15 mins at least when we get home and it helps a lot

·
Registered
185 Posts
Maya is 6 months old and does the happy pee, even if I have just taken her out! I'm also hoping she'll outgrow that.

·
Registered
912 Posts
See though, I would be interested in talking to the person who posted this video that says it's asthma to see if it has been diagnosed and or what she is doing to treat it. Because to me, this sounds exactly like reverse sneezing. All three of mine do it, one more than the others. Sometimes she gets real "honky" sounding like it's down in her throat, but most of the time it sounds like it's just in her nose like that.

·
Registered
912 Posts
See though, I would be interested in talking to the person who posted this video that says it's asthma to see if it has been diagnosed and or what she is doing to treat it. Because to me, this sounds exactly like reverse sneezing. All three of mine do it, one more than the others. Sometimes she gets real "honky" sounding like it's down in her throat, but most of the time it sounds like it's just in her nose like that.

Oh, and as for excited peeing... :) It's usually something they outgrow. My girl did it every time she saw my husband (her "daddy") until she was about 2 1/2. She's 5 now and hasn't done it for a really really long time!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think i may have spoken too soon.....i read down on the comments of the video and i get the impression that the person who posted it just describes reverse sneezing as asthma....so that makes me feel better...but im still going to mention it to the vet just to ease my mind!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Biscuit does a wee when he gets excited which is often when he's see's men as they make more of a fuss than women with him.. he's started showing his lipstick (sorry for not know how to put it niceley) when he does this which is alarming but he does not hump so not really an issue

just imbarassing when he' trickles wee - he did it when I was carrying him in a busy area the other day all over me and my coat.. was kind funny but kind grose at the same time

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Mia does the happy pee when we come home. Often we'll let her out into the garage instead of our going into the house. That way she does it on the garage floor. That's really the only time she does it. Hopefully she'll outgrow it altogether--she's currently 17 mos.
Skylar doesn't do it at all (Bizkit either).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts