Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I brought home Oliver's new sister Mimi!! She is adorable but seems to have a little issue. . . she's snuggled up in a little round dog bed we had and won't let anyone come near her or touch the bed. :cry: Is this just stress over being in a new home?? I just hate being growled at and not knowing why. I know today had probably been traumatic for her and everything. . . plus,she is a rescue chi so it's hard to fully understand their background. Any ideas??

Also, if anyone has any advice on owning 2 chis I would love to hear it! Thanks!!

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
When I brought Kemo home from his previous "rough" life he bit me and coward in the corner for three days. I was crying and so upset thinking he would never come around. I shared my bowl of cheerios and he started to think different about me 8)
Now he is never without being by me. :D

When I brought his sister home it was rough the first week but now they are happily beating each other up as I type this. It will take time....PATIENCE and lots of love but I am sure things will work out. There are at least two threads on owning two chi's if you do a search (top of page)- that might help.

She will chill out and check everything/body out for a while.

Keep us posted :wave:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
I moved your other thread since you double posted ok otherwise you will have answers everywhere. :wave:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks so much! i'm crying right now wondering if i made the right choice. Oliver became scared after she bit my finger and is doing his best to avoid all contact with Mimi. I've been reading that for the first 72 hours after you bring a rescue home you should just leave it alone, away from other dogs and any people in the house. Does this sound right?

I'm so happy that you know what i'm talking about :D Now I feel a little better. And thanks for removing my double post. I thought this was a better section to post my question under. :lol:

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Yes that sounds perfectly right :D . she has had alot happen and now she has no idea what is happening again.....once she can learn to trust you and gets used to what you expect of her it will smooth out. I tried too hard I think the first few days I was so anxious to have my baby, and when he acted like that I was heartbroken thinking what you are now, did I do the right thing.....hubby reminded me of that when I got the baby--I was like what was I thinking? I just got Kemo to settle in and be ok with everything and I throw a puppy in the mix :shock: , but now things are calming down and I feel good about it. I would still like to SLEEP but in time!!! LOL

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
When I brought Lily home the first day when she was 6 months she wouldnt let anyone near her she would run and hide if we went by her - she also was properly howling and I was crying my eyes up thinking she would never love me - but a couple of days later it was as if she had always been here and Ozzy loves her to death n ow :wave:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Just give her time to get used to her new surroundings. I will bet within a week she will start to warm up. But I would'nt try to hard to win her over right now, I know thats got to be so hard cause all you want to do is love her. When she is ready she will come around! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys for all of your support!! Mimi is much better today. She actually climbed on my lap and gave me a kiss :D :D :D She is still a bit growly but I'm sure that will disappear soon. Check out her pics below. . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts