Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we have a very sweet four year old chi named Lola and she used to be littered trained, and we decided to get an indoor cat and they both shared the litter box until our chi and jack Russell started to help themselves to a cat treat from the litter box, so when we moved my husband decided that we would take the Litter box away and teach her to
Potty outside. Well, it's been 6 months and she has had so many pee accidents in the house and the problem is we never catch her in the act so we cannot even discipline her. We are really good about taking her potty right when we wake up and after she eats and every hour or so. She will always go when she is outside, but there are times when she will go in between. Our jack Russell will wine or bark to let us know she needs to go potty, but our chi will never ask to be let out. I'm so frustrated and our carpet is ruined, because I have not found a product that actually takes the yellow urine stain out without bleaching my carpet. Please help! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
76 Posts
potty training

Hi there!

We have a very similar situation here.
August, our Chi, used to use a litter pan before we got him. Since we have two indoor cats so sharing a litter pan doesn't work out (August won't use the same litter pan as them and also tries to eat their poo - yuck).
So we switched our Chi to using puppy pads. The cat's won't use them and he does (most of the time; he also loves our new carpet - oh no!!!).
We put the cat's litter pan in a place that he can't reach.
That works out so far.
Maybe that is also the solution in your case?
All the best!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts