Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Without giving away too much info, I would love your opinions about this puppy. She's 2 months old as of yesterday and weighs 1.1 pounds.

·
Banned
177 Posts
She doesn't look hydro to me at all just like a v young puppy. Her eyes would point east to west and her head would be far more pronounced if she was hydro

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She' 8 weeks old, shouldn't her eyes be more coordinated? And all the dogs there desperately need their nails done.

·
Banned
177 Posts
Nope, daisy was boss eyed until 10 weeks.

She looks younger than 8 weeks in that pic to me. I wouldn't worry she really doesn't look hydro at all to me

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
She's just darling and she doesn't look hydro to me.

·
Registered
236 Posts
HI

She could be hydro as it does not necessarily cause outward pointing eyes but more often what are termed "sunset' eyes where the eye appears to be pushed down too low in the socket from the intracranial pressure. My son hs hydrocephalus & that is how his eyes appeared before his initial surgery to partially relieve the pressure.

Having said that though, her head doesn't look too bad so she may not be hydro & could just have weak focal muscles at this point.

Good luck with whatever you decide :) Special needs kids and puppies are just as wonderful and loving as everyone else :)

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Special needs kids and puppies are just as wonderful and loving as everyone else :)
lol I know, I adopted 7 special needs kids, some more special than others. And about half my dogs are special needs, so I agree with your statement 100%. :) Yeah, I looked for the sunset eyes and didn't see it. I am hoping she is ok, she looks so sweet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
lol I know, I adopted 7 special needs kids, some more special than others. And about half my dogs are special needs, so I agree with your statement 100%. :) Yeah, I looked for the sunset eyes and didn't see it. I am hoping she is ok, she looks so sweet.
I know you know it Pam. I love seeing the updates of your special little guys :) I just like to put it out there to celebrate my wonderful son and all the other beautifu,l special kids I have come to know since he came into our lives... What an amazing person you are to adopt and care for all those babies, skin & fur alike :hello1:

I sure hope that little baby is still there when you get to the puppy farm. I am crossing everything for you! She is a little stunner, I have a very soft spot for black chis.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
She doesn't "appear" to have hydro. Of course that's just going by what I can see. Just looks quite young. Maybe 6 weeks old, to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts