Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all;
Princess Peach got spayed on Friday, November 5th. There is one external stitch that the doctor said would fall out. So far it hasn't fallen out. Wondering if it should be removed?
Thanks.
Other than that, the spay went fabulous and she did great.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
They can stay for up to 6 months. Yeah...sucks. LOL I had to have all her external stitches that were supposedly dis-solvable cut out after 3 weeks. You could probably even snip/pull it yourself.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
If you are concerned about it being there then it wouldn't hurt to bring her in and have them remove it at no cost. It only takes a few seconds for a vet tech to do and that will get rid of it once and for all so you don't have to worry. Whenever our pets have had dissolving stitches they have always disappeared after 3 weeks max. It hasn't even been two weeks yet so I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

·
Registered
10,596 Posts
Yep Daisy is the same, she had her op last Thursday and one stitch at the bottom looks like it wont disolve by itself.
The vet took a look on Monday, and said to come back next Monday and he will take it out if it is still there.
It's not bothering her any though. x

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Yep, have them snip it at the vets. They are 'supposed' to dissolve but sometimes they don't. Once in awhile, the skin will heal over the suture and then over time it will eventually start poking out again, maybe months or years later. So best to get it taken care of now while the incision is still healing.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
my cousin normally rakes them out for me if they have failed to dissolve, but if you cant do that your self then pop down to the vet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts