Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what supplements if any would you all suggest? Blitz is a very active dog. He'll be 1 on Feb. 6. I noticed sometimes his little knees will pop. I'd love to know if any of ya'll give your lil ones supplements, and if so what kind? Which ones should I stay away from?

Thanks in advance Mel, Blaze, and Blitz

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Have you had your vet check his knees? I took Reese in a few months ago to get him checked for luxating patellas because I noticed every now and then when he runs he would do a bit of a hop skip with his back leg. Luckily he checked out fine with no luxation, the vet said it is possible that it slips out sometimes when hes active but goes right back in and isnt a problem, but since its common with our breed Id have it looked at for sure if youre noticing symptoms. A glucosamine/chondroiton supplement may be a good idea. I just do salmon and coconut oil with my three though. Im sure other members who are more supplement savvy will chime in soon though!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. The vet has look at them recently and said they seem fine, however I see him while he's running around with his buddies and every now an then there seems to be a little something going on. Maybe it could be just a slip then it sets back in. It has never hinder his play or walks in any way. Just a precautionary measure I'd like to get more info on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts