Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am making curtains for my trailer... I have enough material left from the livingroom curtains to make curtains for the diningroom window.. the only problem is that the material isn't long enough. I thought I could add enough tot he top and bottom of the main piece of material to make it long enough.. The top will be covered by the valance but the bottom will not.. I made a sample to show you what I mean.. What I need help with is figuring out if it will look ok...

Sorry for the small sample...

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a great idea... After measuring it all out and cutting it I firguer out that I don't have enough of the materail to make 2 tops and 2 bottoms...

So I guess I have to figure something else out.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
How about buying some contrasting fabric (something that will go with your wall color, etc) and making them two tone. I did this once when I had measured a window wrong, and couldn't get any more of the fabric. I sewed a strip about 6 inches wide on one side and on the bottom, and put some braid on top of the seams. Turned out looking great - no one would ever know I had to improvise. Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts